Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cockers blog

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cocker

I've read and taken massive inspiration from Chris33 and his canvassing blog so Chris..... Thank you.

I found his so helpful that I'm creating one of my own.

So here goes...

Story is as follows,

I'm employed,

Hate my job,

Want to be a window cleaner,

Want to leave job to become a window cleaner. [emoji4]

I've got my ladders, Harris pole, trad kit and also looking to get parts to make my own custom wfp setup.

I've got my trading name....diamond bright window cleaning.

2 weeks ago I thought I would knock a few doors on an estate that has, well is being built. Perhaps 10-15 houses completed so far with another 20 to be built. In a very exclusive area (translation being wealthy)

So, I made up a customer registration form to print which had;

Name,

Address,

Phone number,

Access to rear?,

Cost,

Frequency,

So I knocked on 5 of the ten houses 3 answered and of the 3 they all asked for a business card but seemed very interested!

Off home I went, straight on the laptop to design a business card and I must say I really was impressed with the outcome.

Last week I had the business cards printed from solopress £26 per 1000 (delivered)

Unfortunately with my current employment I'm wasn't able to return to the estate just yet, but was able to knock on 15 houses in a nearby street and gained 2 customers.

I'm was so excited inside when they said they require a window cleaner.

1 @ £6 (fronts only)

1@ £8

This was my first experience of canvassing and I felt fairly comfortable doing it.

With these two customers added to the 9 I gained via word of mouth from friends I wanted to do more!

So this is why I've wrote this, post 1 of many.

I've got the business cards and I've had a delivery today for my vinyl lettering for my van. Which also looks really good.

I figure if I can knock doors, leaflet drop and be seen. The business will follow. At least that's the plan!

Wish me luck [emoji16]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I would mate. I had one today trying to chat me up. She was 64. She said " I'm looking for a man to make my heart pump!!!!!
I bet that wasn't the only thing she wanted to pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Best of luck with your venture mate,just keep pushing it daily! I'm only two months in and screwing up something new daily, but with a positive attitude and hard graft approach it'll see ya through anything i reckon.

Back