Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4/6/8

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'd say 75% of mine are 8 weekly and the rest are monthly. I tend to find it hard to get monthly customers that don't go to 8 weekly. Even have people moaning at 8 weekly is too frequent, at which point they either drop me or I just drop them.

Thanks guys, for the support, I am kinda hoping custys are monthly for me, My first one will be 6 weekly. How many custys does an averge window cleaner have if he has a full round he is happy with? I say no more than 400 or is that to great?

I think i have to keep it real and keep knocking the flyers out and double it up starting Monday with door knocking. Just got put off a bit by some people saying they dont like door knocking and gets not much. Still as Boarcity says its what you put in and I need to be out every day all day flyering and knocking. Daveyboy1 I am going to do what you always tell me and door knock and see where it gets me. /emoticons/smile.png

Well, just had a chat with some people and feel down now lol. I told them I was window cleaning and wanted to build a round up and got the same **** as always, most people dont want a windy, one guy said, only half his street have a windy and he has not had his windows cleaned in 3 years, he does the downstairs only himself. I was told, most areas are built up now by windys and its a small market to get in to as they all covered and if not why?

I kinda feel **** now, makes me think am I fighting a losing battle. I really want to be a windy and its a life I prefer to have rather than go back to office work, I really want it. I doen 500 flyers and 1 person signs up they all laugh, thats what you will get, its a closed market. Grr, i should not listen to people, just deflating though as I am worried I am not getting people in, only one and i am on FB, plugging hard and nout and 500 flyers out. I NEED to step it up, more flyers more door knocking, door knocking is going to take a lead now. Even if a windy in that road, I will do it all. As the one whom did book me says windys do his road a few of them but he was free as his windy never turned up....

Need some WCF love /emoticons/smile.png

Seriously though, flyering, door knocking, FB and puting cards /flyers in shops is that enough? Thanks.

Don't listen to people saying it is all stitched up, these are the people who work for "the man" and convince themselves that is the best way because it is impossible to start your own business these days because the market is stitched up in all of them.

I call them sheep.

Keep going mate

Don't matter of the area is full of windies there is still work there

Ones who don't turn up

Ones who just move the dirt around

Custys who don't like wfp of which round here there seem to be a lot..must be a bad windie or 2 round here i reckon

And windies with full.roumds aren't looking actively for work so will be missing any new jobs

Chin up fella

What's your flyer like? I have put a lot of thought and research into this and have come up with w new flyer which I am hoping will work quickly, will be using it for the first time over the weekend and should know by Monday morning if it has worked or not.

I'll probably start a new thread about it, but I am hoping it will work well, it should, but who knows lol.

You have to keep on going, dont listen to the negatives, there are people out there waiting for u to ask them to clean their windows, there is roads or areas heavily taken by window cleaners but even there there will be the odd house, one day u will find a road where the window cleaner has stopped coming and u will get a row of new custys, i remember i canvassed a road once and got one front to clean, i did it for ages then one day a bloke over the road asked me to clean his, and then his neighbour and the next house two over the road one up the road and before u know it that one half house custy has turned into a full days worth of work, its ironic i know, but the more people see u cleaning the more chance u have of getting more customers, it will snow ball for u if u dont giveup, if u give u then nothing will happen.

I dont know how u have been canvassing exactly buti have personally neverused leaflets and ive also heard people only say they dont work so if u are relying on a method that doesnt work then u have to change it.

U need to look like a window cleaner when u canvass, haveu got a niform or are u wearing any old t shirt and jeans? Puton actual work clothes and a t shirtof hoodie withsomething printed on it like ur name number andwindow cleaner in bold.

Know what u are looking for, DIRTY WINDOWS, dont go knocking n houses which are clean andobviously have a windy already, u are wasting all ur time and energy and getting told "ive already got a window cleaner" on repeat is going to make u think theres no point.

Walk up to the house looking at the windows,if they are very dirty then ring the bell, all u want to say is "hello (smile) would u like a window cleaner? The answer will either be yesor no. And often people will seeu through the window and they can see exactly whatu want to other them for because u are dressed like a window cleaner, u can show them ur tools and gesture to the windows, they will eitherlook excited andopen the dooror wave their hands atu, butif u are dressed casually they dont have a clue what u are there for.

If no one is in and the house is dirty write down the number and if the house is clean jog on. D this in the middle of the day when a lot are out and minimal bother is caused, then at peak tome 5-6pm u can chase up quickly this list of dirty houses and get customers to clean the next day, once those houses are cleaned get a new dirty list.

Hope that helps, winning formula if u just do it

I sometimes canvass in a jeans and a shirt but if i have been working i keep my belt on and knock doors and that works too

Had a new job yesterday which then became 2 which is now 4

Do a good job and they love to recommend you to their mates

I got the first house on a new estate a few years back. I knew other people had moved in on the same estate. So I kept my bags on and knocked the doors. I think it paid off as it looked like I was ready for work. I clean 25 out of just over 50 and I can knock them out on one day as they're compact.

I've picked up another on a new estate this morning, giving me the first 4 houses in the road. Others have moved in and got a windy round the corner. The houses I have got are 2 each side of the road, no moving the van and a total of £47, 4 weekly /emoticons/smile.png

Every window cleaner knows that customers lead to more customers assuming u do a regular good job and dont have bad BO.

It takes effort to get the ball rolling

I've never understood the whole 8 weekly business as opposed to 4 weekly. You have to have twice the amount of houses for the same amount of money /emoticons/sad.png

For example

10houses at £10 =£100 per 4 week

20 houses at £10 = £200 per 8 week. Same amount of money, twice as many customers. All that extra canvassing, possibly further travelling and collecting, for the same money.

Now if you put them all ona 4 week rota. thats business. Id put all my customers on a 1 week schedule if i could. its about the money, not about how many customers you have.

Fat lot of good having a £10,000 round, but you only do it twice a year.

That's great if your customers are happy with 4 weeks, nearly all of mine are 8 and if I said 4 only my guess is my round would become very small, very quick.

That's great if your customers are happy with 4 weeks, nearly all of mine are 8 and if I said 4 only my guess is my round would become very small, very quick.
Did you offer 8 weekly? or did they demand it? an if so, did you tell them it would be extra? (in your head double the 4 weekly price so you dont lose out! /emoticons/wink.png hehe

I always say 4 weekly first and gauge their reaction, they almost without fail say straight away that's more regular than I was hoping, would say a good 25% think 8 weeks is too often....

I always say 4 weekly first and gauge their reaction, they almost without fail say straight away that's more regular than I was hoping, would say a good 25% think 8 weeks is too often....
Where abouts are you Diwrnach? Where i live (worse part of Leeds) i have 2 customers on 8 weekly on the books, but i havent done them lol, i forget. The rest want monthly, and are upset if i dont turn up every month. and these people are not well off by any means.

Can't see for what reason people want 8 weekly other than money? and again, window cleaning is one of those things that you dont have to have if you dont want.

i'm not having a go at you by the way, just a shame theres customers like that out there.

To me 8 weekers are like people that buy new base model BMWs or AUDIs with absolutely no extras, just to have the badge. These people dont like paying for window cleaning but want to have them done on the cheap haha. Anyway. rant over lol

I live in one of the richest areas in the country, Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon etc, the place is dripping with money.

Bloody hell, if ur in the cotswolds thats mad that they want it every 8 weeks then, i never offer a 8 weekly option, only if its a new area and i want to strengthen it as much as possible, i always add an extra £2 if its 8 weekly, like a £10 house will be £12. But still in m mind im thinking they will get replaced once i have reached the point i have too many customers to do.

I'm actually now going to trial a 6 week only option, see how that goes, but at the moment no one wants 4 weeks at all.

Latest Posts

Back