Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds - How High Is Too High

WCF

Help Support WCF:

excellent read I said this thousand times before but people laugh apart from the few people who have listened and have saved money ever since

Yer people use higher tds without a problem,

Personally I used only water upto 001ppm. That way I know that if there are any spotting from a clean that I do i know it's not the water causing it, don't cost much or waste money doing it either, since February last year with my ro system It has cost me:-

1 bag of resin

2 set of 3 pre-filters.

My 2 membranes have been in now for 2 years and still going well.

Water starts at 350ppm then out of ro system at 010-011ppm then through resin.

Plus in a way as he said pure water is 000ppm, if people use higher technically you can't say to customers that you use pure water to clean windows with???

You're absolutely right rc and I agree with you but nevertheless it shows there is no need to get too anal about your tds.

Totally agree with this been saying it for years! many times i have used water straight out of the tap and a dash of ecover @58tds

i dont know about anyone else but find a high flow with the brush on the glass has less chance of spotting than firing jets at the glass!

I cleaned my windows this morning with my garden hose attached to my Brodex pole just for the hell of it, a couple off wee spots appeared at the bottom of some windows , but very little and probably most customers would be ok with it, my tds from tap is 090 , I gave em a good clean and rinse though, im advertising I use pure water so im sticking with using 000 but will probably let it go to 010 without worrying too much

Loads of flaws in that report, he only states one element that causes spots when there are several !

Pure water is used in many Industries and good advise given by qualified chemists. In these industries they never go above 005 ppm.

You can notice spotting on a black surface at around 009 ppm on a hot sunny day as it is more noticeable. With glass not so much until the sun hits the window directly then you would start seeing them.

Think the different makes of glass have to be considered. I have a French door I can clean at 200, another patio door with alloy frames looks absolutely abysmal.

its all about how u rinse /emoticons/smile.png scrub rinse scrub rinse scrub rinse /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back