Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

53mph windows tomorrow is it OK to clean ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cheese with cucumber, tomato, coleslaw - yum [emoji3]

Didn't even bother booking any Windows as the forecast was bad.

Home from internal job by 10am [emoji106]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Have to admit that was ropey today. Worst winds I've ever stept foot out into. Pole was a nightmare to hold on to, to the point of becoming pretty exhausting after 4 hours. Was grateful to hit a couple of bungalows after that and cancelled off my last three houses.

Thought I'd duck back inside but got home to find the neighbours tree blown over across the drive way so had to cut 20ft of tree up for her then pack to move tomorrow.

All in all, bloody knackering and not all that rewarding for the effort. Next time I'm playing Xbox in my pants

How can you workin this wind and rain...blowing all sorts of sh*t onto windows.
Only had rain for about an hour this morning in the south east. The rest of the day was just windy. I crack on as I never want to be window cleaning on a Saturday /emoticons/smile.png

wow, I had day off, I saw a few cleaners out and stopped to watch one in rain and heavy wind clean some poor persons house, the window would ahve had more dust and dirt on on the water droplets that an desert storm, madness in my eyes. I had messages form customers asking am i going out to work and can they canx it. I think it goes a long way when you canx a day in customers interest, that is part and parcel of our job. I would have just felt silly cleaning in that today, nutters! lol

WP_20170223_08_25_51_Pro.jpg WP_20170223_08_25_51_Pro.jpg

wow, I had day off, I saw a few cleaners out and stopped to watch one in rain and heavy wind clean some poor persons house, the window would ahve had more dust and dirt on on the water droplets that an desert storm, madness in my eyes. I had messages form customers asking am i going out to work and can they canx it. I think it goes a long way when you canx a day in customers interest, that is part and parcel of our job. I would have just felt silly cleaning in that today, nutters! lol
All about planning mate. I watched the bbc London weather, so not the national one as its too vague. This gave me a good indication when the rain was starting and finishing.

While it was raining, I cleaned a small conny roof with a polycarbonate roof.

By the time I'd finished that the rain had stopped, so its back to the windows.

I tell all the customers that the wind wont effect the clean and if they were to have a problem, just call me and I will do them again.

Never been called back in over 20 years.

WP_20170223_09_01_52_Pro.jpg

Back