Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aches and pains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ive just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, i thought it was just the latest 'craze' illness that people that are just lazy diagnose themselves with.

But gotta be honest its a proper fker, im knackared all the time, by the time weve finished work for the day i ache like a bugger and am exhausted, 3 times last week i slept for an hr before eating my tea and was inbed by 7.30pm, i wake 4-5-6 times a night so sleep pattern is crackers.

Only advice Drs have given me is pain killers.
really sorry to hear this, hopefully there will be some improvement for you in the future 

As a generalised comment, if you work hard all day most days, you are going to be sore very frequently. 

The nature of muscle growth is the tearing of the muscle fibres and the regrowth grows more muscle. 

I've been doing this around 3 years now and have been busy for the last two and a half. 

I'm not a cafe dweller or a layby lout... I take maximum 30 minutes for lunch as my only break, I have a high flow pole setup so that I can work as fast as I can and still produce great results. Start at 9 and finish around 4.

Im not saying all this for any other reason apart from, your gonna hurt, it's the nature of the beast. 

If your a slow poke and have 4 houses a day your not gonna be as bad. 

My main aches are chest, forearms. 

For the chest it's the intercostal muscles (the muscles that join each rib to the other, i soak in a nice warm bath then apply voltarol as soon as I get out and I'm dry, works great. 

Forearms are generally over worked muscle/tennis elbow. When these flair up I ice them and then a bath then voltarol, but I also have sleeves made from tubigrip that place slight pressure on the forearms and that also works great for me. 

Beside plenty of water the only thing I do is a multi-vit each day

Hope this helps you like it helps me ??
I'm 50 years old and been wfp for 11 years(17 years on the ladders before that)and don't suffer like you do.....

A great exercise in the gym for intercostal muscles are dumbbell/weight plate pullovers....I've been doing these for  years as well as regular weight training sessions at least twice a week....

Hello guys not been here for a while been trying to set up business I’m quite a fit lad with no health issues 

when I’ve been cleaning the windows day after day the aches I get in my shoulders and arms are killing me my back dose ache I’ve a decent belt around my back dose anyone know how to recover each day or take any vitamins please surely it can’t carry on like this regards david 
You need an extreme brush and pole mate and a carbon gooseneck....its the lightest way to work...also as you compact your work get more organised and work shorter days...my sweet spot is 5 to 6 hours per day 4 days a week....?

As you know I haven't been cleaning windows long but I have started to get a bit of pain in my left forearm. It's 100% fine when working but later in the evening if I try and put my left arm out sideways and straighten it I get a bit of discomfort on the upper forearm. I also get a little discomfort when arm is extended and I flex my wrist down. 

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it? Is it just lack of strength and I should just push through it and do a bit of weight training or do I need to get a compression tube or something like that?

Doctors are a very last resort for various reasons.

Cheers

As you know I haven't been cleaning windows long but I have started to get a bit of pain in my left forearm. It's 100% fine when working but later in the evening if I try and put my left arm out sideways and straighten it I get a bit of discomfort on the upper forearm. I also get a little discomfort when arm is extended and I flex my wrist down. 

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it? Is it just lack of strength and I should just push through it and do a bit of weight training or do I need to get a compression tube or something like that?

Cheers
I used to get tennis elbow and the Doc gave me some exercises to do. I found it hard to believe but it worked. I was taking painkillers every day to work through the pain. It took over 6 months for the pain to go away and hasn't returned.

Cheers
Definitely tennis elbow, which affects the forearms.. Its basically over use of the muscle.. I suffer with it on and off and have found that icing it in the evening, then a hot bath with voltarol works wonders. 

The best way to ice them believe it or not is a hot water bottle ??? filled with water and frozen. 

This lasts nearly 24 hours after its taken out of the freezer and kicks ass on a bag of peas or regular ice pack. 

If you place it over something like a pool noodle, or pipe insulation when you put it in the freezer, it's the perfect shape to put it over the forearm. 

Definitely tennis elbow, which affects the forearms.. Its basically over use of the muscle.. I suffer with it on and off and have found that icing it in the evening, then a hot bath with voltarol works wonders. 

The best way to ice them believe it or not is a hot water bottle ??? filled with water and frozen. 

This lasts nearly 24 hours after its taken out of the freezer and kicks ass on a bag of peas or regular ice pack. 

If you place it over something like a pool noodle, or pipe insulation when you put it in the freezer, it's the perfect shape to put it over the forearm. 
That's great to get a 'diagnosis' and a potential solution. Thanks so much. Think I will use a brush pole for my arms with the water bottle ?.

I haven't been doing that much work but I'm not used to physical exercise so guess that's what happens ?  

Now I have a better idea what it is and a bit of RICE therapy plus I will see if I can get a support to help till I can give it a rest over Christmas.

Thanks

Cheers
Tennis Elbow!

That's a right pain in the ****! ?

Back