Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice/help for a new starter.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

robbio68

Hello all

Only been a member for a few weeks, and I’m hoping to start a wfp window cleaning business, having been made redundant several months ago. I don’t have a lot of money spare, so I’ve decided to buy a blueman 20l backpack and 25ft pole that’s on ebay for £252. I believe I’ll need some extra containers too, window cleaning warehouse do 25l tanks for just over £15. On the plus side I already have a small van, and came up with a decent name & logo, and will put together a website shortly.

My question to anyone who can offer some help/wisdom is………is this enough or the right gear to get started? And how do you go about getting customers? I don’t have friends or family close to me. I’ve heard facebook groups/ads are a good way to get going? Also, this may sound a bit stupid, but I lack a bit of confidence to actually start cleaning, working on peoples properties. I’m very polite, conscientious and will always try and do a good job, but it feels a bit daunting starting out in something completely new. Apparently there’s a few youtube videos to help with the wfp method/technique? I’m hoping that will help with confidence, having an idea of how to clean etc.

Sorry for the long post, just need a bit of help & advice to get going. Thanks to anyone that can help, I appreciate it.

Hello all

Only been a member for a few weeks, and I’m hoping to start a wfp window cleaning business, having been made redundant several months ago. I don’t have a lot of money spare, so I’ve decided to buy a blueman 20l backpack and 25ft pole that’s on ebay for £252. I believe I’ll need some extra containers too, window cleaning warehouse do 25l tanks for just over £15. On the plus side I already have a small van, and came up with a decent name & logo, and will put together a website shortly.

My question to anyone who can offer some help/wisdom is………is this enough or the right gear to get started? And how do you go about getting customers? I don’t have friends or family close to me. I’ve heard facebook groups/ads are a good way to get going? Also, this may sound a bit stupid, but I lack a bit of confidence to actually start cleaning, working on peoples properties. I’m very polite, conscientious and will always try and do a good job, but it feels a bit daunting starting out in something completely new. Apparently there’s a few youtube videos to help with the wfp method/technique? I’m hoping that will help with confidence, having an idea of how to clean etc.

Sorry for the long post, just need a bit of help & advice to get going. Thanks to anyone that can help, I appreciate it.
Generally Gardiners backpacks or BigBoy ones are the ideal choice. As for poles again Gardiners clx is a good budget pole. These choices are significantly more expensive but probably better quality.
You will need a source of pure water - buy from spotless water if near or, depending on your water tds a Reverse osmosis system or a DI vessel - you need a tds meter to measure your home tap - buy a decent one - Daqu is very good for water processing kit.

Best tip, real the whole forum as you will gain a lot of insight and read how different people chose to do things.
Before you buy stuff read lots more and watch uk youtubers - early AE Mackintosh, early Squeeky clean dave stuff.

Hello all

Stay away from cheap equipment such as water fed poles. Aquaspray and many other brands are heavy poor quality and unreliable.

Check Facebook marketplace and the classifieds on here for equipment as many have good intentions but quit shortly after starting out.

Get customers first, do you live in an over saturated area? How would you get pure water and do a ton of reading on here before spending a penny.

We get asked this question regularly so your not the first and reading saves us trying the same answers a million times over

Generally Gardiners backpacks or BigBoy ones are the ideal choice. As for poles again Gardiners clx is a good budget pole. These choices are significantly more expensive but probably better quality.
You will need a source of pure water - buy from spotless water if near or, depending on your water tds a Reverse osmosis system or a DI vessel - you need a tds meter to measure your home tap - buy a decent one - Daqu is very good for water processing kit.

Best tip, real the whole forum as you will gain a lot of insight and read how different people chose to do things.
Before you buy stuff read lots more and watch uk youtubers - early AE Mackintosh, early Squeeky clean dave stuff.
Cheers mate. Thanks for your reply. Good advice and I'll watch those videos.

Back