Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice om recording round... How do you guys do it?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Have a look at Aworka it's £12 a month!!! The guy who runs it doesn't market it very well at all but seems very responsive to emails.

The website doesn't mention that it has gocardless integration and can use your contract sms messages if on Android. So no additional TextLocal fees!!!

That said I haven't used any of the apps kicking about but Aworka does 6 weeks free trial (no credit card signup). So might be worth playing with?

Have a look at Aworka it's £12 a month!!! The guy who runs it doesn't market it very well at all but seems very responsive to emails.

The website doesn't mention that it has gocardless integration and can use your contract sms messages if on Android. So no additional TextLocal fees!!!

That said I haven't used any of the apps kicking about but Aworka does 6 weeks free trial (no credit card signup). So might be worth playing with?
That’s Interesting thank you. Are you able to share anything about how you price your work? Someone has told me I should think about pricing in bad weather holidays etc into my hourly rate...how much should I add on for this do you think? 

That’s Interesting thank you. Are you able to share anything about how you price your work? Someone has told me I should think about pricing in bad weather holidays etc into my hourly rate...how much should I add on for this do you think? 
Pricing is always a tricky one. You should factor in money for bad weather, sickness, holidays, equipment break down etc. You also need to build up a backup fund.

When you start it will be a slow process to start earning. I would say, from reading on here, that you are looking towards 12 to 24 months of hard work building customers before you have what could be termed a 'regular wage'. 

I think it's very difficult to guestimate how much you should 'add on' for overheads. It's one of those questions that needs experience to answer and every area is different - only problem is getting the experience!! It's a vicious circle...

Just so you are aware I haven't started on the glass yet as I am in lockdown as my partner has blood cancer is is vulnerable. I have been sitting online reading and watching for over 12 months just itching to get going. I have run customer facing businesses before and was trained as an electronics engineer, worked as tribologist,  jet / gas turbine test and development engineer, systems analyst, web developer so have a good grounding in lots of stuff.

Pricing is always a tricky one. You should factor in money for bad weather, sickness, holidays, equipment break down etc. You also need to build up a backup fund.

When you start it will be a slow process to start earning. I would say, from reading on here, that you are looking towards 12 to 24 months of hard work building customers before you have what could be termed a 'regular wage'. 

I think it's very difficult to guestimate how much you should 'add on' for overheads. It's one of those questions that needs experience to answer and every area is different - only problem is getting the experience!! It's a vicious circle...

Just so you are aware I haven't started on the glass yet as I am in lockdown as my partner has blood cancer is is vulnerable. I have been sitting online reading and watching for over 12 months just itching to get going. I have run customer facing businesses before and was trained as an electronics engineer, worked as tribologist,  jet / gas turbine test and development engineer, systems analyst, web developer so have a good grounding in lots of stuff.
Website and marketing is an area I am struggling with but if you have any experience around google rankings and general website costs I would be very appreciative as it seems a mind field and I have wasted money before. I lost my dad to cancer I’m sorry about your partner it’s a hard time general without that challenge.

Back