Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

advice on letter please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No not at all, blimey I wouldn't bother if it was that much hassle.

You simply use the online small claims court. I always send several reminders for payment and then when it's obvious that payment is not forthcoming, I send a message like this

Dear Customer, 
This is a final request for payment. Your bill is £12 balance
for window cleaning on 01/02/19.
Despite repeated payment requests,  no payment has been received. Please note that unless cleared payment is received by March 26th an administration charge of £40 will be added to your bill and a claim will be filed with the Small Claims Court for recovery which will incur a further charge of £25 
At this time we must withdraw our service due to non payment.
Kind regards  Paymeknow

Get Paid Window Cleaning

No not at all, blimey I wouldn't bother if it was that much hassle.

You simply use the online small claims court. I always send several reminders for payment and then when it's obvious that payment is not forthcoming, I send a message like this

Dear Customer, 
This is a final request for payment. Your bill is £12 balance
for window cleaning on 01/02/19.
Despite repeated payment requests,  no payment has been received. Please note that unless cleared payment is received by March 26th an administration charge of £40 will be added to your bill and a claim will be filed with the Small Claims Court for recovery which will incur a further charge of £25 
At this time we must withdraw our service due to non payment.
Kind regards  Paymeknow

Get Paid Window Cleaning
Love it man... I'm gonna give that a go next time (Hopefully there won't be a next time) How do you get on with the £40 admin fee? I was under the impression the court won't play ball with that unless it was in the original terms of business.

The message, by text,letter or email. 

States that unless payment is received within 7 working days you will add an administration charge to the amount owing.

This amount will cover any costs and time spent in chasing the debt owed to you.

The idea being for your customer to think on receipt of such message, blimey I'd bet pay my £12 sharpish.

That being the case you both go your separate ways, if not you have given them prior warning of your intention to pursue the debt. 

Latest Posts

Back