Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best advise for finding new clients

WCF

Help Support WCF:

FourOneLT

Totally new to having to find clients. Just after some input on the best way to go about it please?

I'm set up on Facebook, will get set up on Google also, I have drafted a flyer that I'm ready to get printed and the plan was to literally just go posting them in areas where I feel people are likely to pay for the service, would I be better off knocking and speaking to people though? If so tips on how to pitch would also be great.
Thanks in advance!

Knocking on doors in an area you want to be working in works well as the potential customers get to see you and you can build up a rapport with them rather than some faceless entity on face book , or website etc .

Knocking on doors in an area you want to be working in works well as the potential customers get to see you and you can build up a rapport with them rather than some faceless entity on face book , or website etc .
Okay cool so actually knocking and speaking to people, any tips on what to say apart from the services I offer?

Just keep it short and sweet, no waffle. Maybe ask if they have a windy (so you don't step on others toes), then ask if they want a quote.

Okay cool so actually knocking and speaking to people, any tips on what to say apart from the services I offer?
Hi my name is xx Ime looking to expand my window cleaning round in your area we clean windows explain how , gfs explain how , are you interested at all ?? Leave then a card etc . That’s a very condensed version but you should get the general idea .

Hi my name is xx Ime looking to expand my window cleaning round in your area we clean windows explain how , gfs explain how , are you interested at all ?? Leave then a card etc . That’s a very condensed version but you should get the general idea .
I'm not actually offering Windows, think it's something I should offer? I was mainly going to work around driveways, patios, decks and then cut the odd hedge/lawn every now and then when requested

I'm not actually offering Windows, think it's something I should offer? I was mainly going to work around driveways, patios, decks and then cut the odd hedge/lawn every now and then when requested
Ah ok , just tailor your wording for the services you are offering the basic format will work for any service .

Oops that's probably my fault I didn't look at which section you posted in.
Again keep it simple say who you are and what service you can offer them.

Just be yourself and try and relax the potential customers will get to see you and that’s the start of them building trust in you and what you are offering, the more you canvass the more relaxed you will feel
Sweet, I won't have proper time to until Sunday but that gives me time to get an embroidered sweatshirt to go canvasing in

I do social media before and after pics which seems to attract new customers, but I do enjoy delivering leaflets by hand and chatting to potential new clients along the way. I don't hard sell, I just have a natter and explain what I do, not pushy and it's relaxed, I've picked up quite a lot of work this way.

I do social media before and after pics which seems to attract new customers, but I do enjoy delivering leaflets by hand and chatting to potential new clients along the way. I don't hard sell, I just have a natter and explain what I do, not pushy and it's relaxed, I've picked up quite a lot of work this way.
Yeah I'm definitely not a pushy person and I've worked retail and hospitality my whole life so speaking to people shouldn't be a struggle. Thanks for the input!

Not a faceless entity, if you are a sole trader or even a multi van op as photos of yourself or the team can all be uploaded to a FB page, website or Google biz page people want to see the face of the person this is something Nat told me this years ago and I have always gone with that and I feel it has worked well for me more so for a sole trader as they know exactly who will be turning up to do the job.

End of last year I have started advertising on a few local council books that go out to all residents in Renfrewshire. Since beginning of year I have received a new customer every week. I then bumped up my prices especially the jobs I don't like hoping I lose them. There's a pattern emerging, when I received a new customer I usually get the one next door or across the street because I try to do first cleans at the weekend when folk are working in their garden. Advertising has worked for me but I spend over £3k a year on it. Looking at buying a new van but just got told the wiring looms were getting made in Ukraine so they will take longer to get. This has made me spend a few grand on new wheels and many pro tools to do the work myself. I'm off today so I can replace me universal Joint on my driveshaft. I'm a google mechanic now.

End of last year I have started advertising on a few local council books that go out to all residents in Renfrewshire. Since beginning of year I have received a new customer every week. I then bumped up my prices especially the jobs I don't like hoping I lose them. There's a pattern emerging, when I received a new customer I usually get the one next door or across the street because I try to do first cleans at the weekend when folk are working in their garden. Advertising has worked for me but I spend over £3k a year on it. Looking at buying a new van but just got told the wiring looms were getting made in Ukraine so they will take longer to get. This has made me spend a few grand on new wheels and many pro tools to do the work myself. I'm off today so I can replace me universal Joint on my driveshaft. I'm a google mechanic now.
Nice to see you back @scottish cleaning service

Why spend so much?
Does the work you get add up to more than 3k?
If it does then good but personally I wouldn’t spend that much to get my softwashing work

Latest Posts

Back