Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best advise for finding new clients

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nice to hear. I hear of so many underpricing work they may as well go and work PAYE for a firm on £11 p/hr.
That kind of stuff is drying out up here. Folk are looking for reliable trustworthy window cleaners now. I priced a job today and the house was bought for near a million last year. No point going in cheap or they would think something untoward was going to happen. Plus their car is worth more than my house.

Hi mate, can I ask how you got onto the council work? I have emailed my local CC but haven't heard anything back from them?
I'm up here in Glasgow where we have a local directory. Not sure if it's funded by the council but it goes out each month to all council residents. Checkatrade started doing the same thing but they made up the area. Ended up I was travelling 10 miles to see jobs so I nipped that in the bud. So did plenty of others by the amount of companies on their latest leaflet. They even put me on it for free to stop it dying a slow death. The council booklet is great because it covers the whole area I have a licence for. We need to have a council licence up here to trade as a window cleaner.

From my experience, door knocking is the fastest and most reliable way of gathering customers and it doesn't cost you a penny. It's how I gathered all of my customers - I ran a Facebook ad once and got somewhere in the region of ten customers from that but I've had literally hundreds from knocking on doors.

Latest Posts

Back