Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on swivel please!!...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was looking to get a swivel adaptor for when i can't get the right angle or have to stand to the side of the window.

What do you do to stop the hose from pulling back through? Would a tight rubber O ring do the job? Gardiner say a O clip but you wouldn't have anything to crimp down on
I have a Facelift swivel on my Facelift phantom brush. Attaches onto my standard pole angle adapter circular toothed indent head. 

When you mentioned hose pulling back do you mean when using a univalve? Or just the general amount of hose through the pole top to brush?

I have a Facelift swivel on my Facelift phantom brush. Attaches onto my standard pole angle adapter circular toothed indent head. 

When you mentioned hose pulling back do you mean when using a univalve? Or just the general amount of hose through the pole top to brush?
It's just what Gardiner mention on the website

"To allow full swivel movement in use and to prevent damage to Jet Capsules and T-Connectors you will need to pull out a little more of the gooseneck hose from the gooseneck and put an O-Clip around it so that it doesn’t pull back through the gooseneck"

Maybe i could just use a rubber grommet that is tight-ish  

Last edited by a moderator:

"To allow full swivel movement in use and to prevent damage to Jet Capsules and T-Connectors you will need to pull out a little more of the gooseneck hose from the gooseneck and put an O-Clip around it so that it doesn’t pull back through the gooseneck"

I have seen people use a couple of cable ties tightened round the hose to provide a bit of resistance to pulling hose back.

I was looking to get a swivel adaptor for when i can't get the right angle or have to stand to the side of the window.

What do you do to stop the hose from pulling back through? Would a tight rubber O ring do the job? Gardiner say a O clip but you wouldn't have anything to crimp down on
Contact Skxawng. He has designed, manufactured and he supply's a hose stop for exactly that purpose. Does the job the finest. ??

I use hard rubber tap washers and drill out the I/D 0.5mm less than the pole hose. Stops the hose pulling and tighter than your first girlfriend 

Back