Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on what to change on my leaflets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pop a mobile number on there. People can send you texts too. 

Personally I leave a message saying that I don't accept calls from witheld numbers and refuse to answer the phone if one comes up. Saves sales calls. 

@PureShine

Did you have much success with this flyer?

IMO its a nice clear well designed flyer... where did you get them done?

Was curious what sort of response rate you had?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mixed to be honest. I had one of the lads out delivering them and was picking up a on average 7 enquiries per 1000 leaflets, won 4 regulars on average of each 1000 and retention rate has been spot on with no drop offs, all on gocardless. He put out 5000 in total over the course of a week and i still have 17 regulars out of the 20 i did pick up.

I also had a company deliver 20,000. Response rates were drastically lower. Around 3 enquiries per 1000 leaflets and gained average of less than 1 per 1000 delivered. I currently have 14 regulars from that delivery, no drop offs so far and all gocardless. From both the lad and then the company i also had a lot of one-off enquiries.

I did put on the leaflet that i do 4 & 8 weekly cleans aswell as one-offs. I dont do any one offs but by stating that i do people are more honest and request the one-off if thats what they really want so then i just say im full. This is my eyes is better than picking up loads of custys saying regular then they drop off due to being the one-off blaggers. Works a treat in filtering the messers out

I had mixed to be honest. I had one of the lads out delivering them and was picking up a on average 7 enquiries per 1000 leaflets, won 4 regulars on average of each 1000 and retention rate has been spot on with no drop offs, all on gocardless. He put out 5000 in total over the course of a week and i still have 17 regulars out of the 20 i did pick up.

I also had a company deliver 20,000. Response rates were drastically lower. Around 3 enquiries per 1000 leaflets and gained average of less than 1 per 1000 delivered. I currently have 14 regulars from that delivery, no drop offs so far and all gocardless. From both the lad and then the company i also had a lot of one-off enquiries.

I did put on the leaflet that i do 4 & 8 weekly cleans aswell as one-offs. I dont do any one offs but by stating that i do people are more honest and request the one-off if thats what they really want so then i just say im full. This is my eyes is better than picking up loads of custys saying regular then they drop off due to being the one-off blaggers. Works a treat in filtering the messers out
That seems quite low, not much difference to my rate for flyer drop either though.  I did get a few cusomers through having an add in one of those free magazines they deliver to local areas, the woodbridge flyer it was called. £37.50 to have it in each edition, but if you only got one customer from each edition its worthwhile. 

with one offs, just charge it extra, make it worthwhile, they can take it or leave it.

I really think i need to do that go cardless. Its such a pain having to keep text reminding people to do the bank transfer (bacs)

I know what you mean, i think the return on leaflets is low but if putting them out in mass its worthwhile still. 1 per thousand return isnt good at all. But i was happy with 3 per thousand, id take that all day long. Iv not done any advertising in magazines yet but have a bit of a marketing plan for the new year and will be trying this. I try not to do the one-offs anymore and just focus all time into gaining new regulars. Gocardless has its pros and cons but overall i will be trying to get the entire round onto it. So far im at around 50% of the way, its not been as difficult as i thought it would be. Any new customers now are straight on it or nothing at all and so far had no issues (touch wood)

I’ve got an IZettle card machine. Comes in very handy. It has a fee which I round up to 2%. Saves popping back later. Everybody has plastic cards, no excuses. 

Must be the Scottish people up here but on our van that says we're window cleaners and have we include panes, frames and sills of every clean they think there included when we do the gutters facias and soffits then they hit up wi the false advertising

Think they say the average conversion rate for leaflets is 1-3 in every 1000, anything above that is a bonus. Currently getting some printed up myself, I don’t need work at all but just trying compact a bit more, get better priced work and get more GoCardless customers. Basically replace some crud lol I’m not interested in speaking to anyone anymore so I’m literally just going to direct potential customers to my website where they can fill in a quote form which gives me their mob no, email address, address and schedule they would like. It also tells them on the registration form i only accept GoCardless so they are clear on that if they don’t like it don’t ask for a quote. I then call at my own convenience and post a quote form through with a price and instructs them to go onto my website and register for GC to accept the quote. No fuss for me whatsoever and I have a 50% conversion rate which I’m more than happy with. For me anyone that won’t submit a quote form because they aren’t interested in doing anything online isn’t worth bothering with as a customer. Weeds out loads of messers.

Back