alex gatdner

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tench0771, Dec 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

#1 tench0771, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2015
    high Alex Gardiner my slx is 1 year old and my number 1 section is a tad worn my question is should i buy some shims as it spins when u clamp it on the red but fiels stiff to clamp on the rest of section i dont want to crack the section buy having the clamp to tite if u get me or do u think it b ok if i crank it titer ? will a new shim sort this out???:)

Advertisement
  2. Oliver collins

Oliver collins Rise & Shine Cleaning

U can email their customer service department though their website !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Window Cleaning Forums

3. Bishy

Bishy Member

I find tagging Alex on here the quickest way

4. Bishy

Bishy Member

Dealing with Alex direct is best way

5. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

Buy a new 1st section :)

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

if push comes to shove ill just clamp it on the black and just lose a inch i just thault maby a new shim could sort it maby ??

7. Bishy

Bishy Member

Use the shim out of mine and test to see if sort it lee if not new section bud

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

But if one section is so worn, tightening the clamp up so much will mean you can't close the clamp on the unworn section of the pole? I've got an SLX where the top inch of section 1 is really worn, I just clamped it an inch lower. You could saw the worn part off I suppose.

EDIT: just read tench's post and his problem is the other end of the pole. Why has it worn in the red part I wonder?

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

Tuffers i clamp it on the red bit m8 i dont no y but i just like to get max extenshion lol i sapose ill just clamp it an inch below on the black no biggy realy

10. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hi Tench

When did you buy this SLX?

Could you email me some photos of the wear along with the clamp when closed on the worn part and the non-worn part. This will help me see if the shims would help with this.

It may be best to clamp just above the red from now on, if this is the only worn area. You can adjust the point of maximum extension by sliding the section out of the clamp below, adding a wrap of joint stop tape on the worn part and sliding the section back in. This will now stop the section from extending the worn part out and will allow you to stop and clamp in a new place.

Advertisement