Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best speeding fine ever!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

So I scored 48 over 40 and as a reward got to pay £90 and go to class Wednesday morning.

I had one of these a few years back, was 5 minutes late to the course and they didnt let me on, had to take the points and got a bump on my insurance renewal so this time I was going to be on time.

In fact I was an hour early to ensure I can get a parking spot and a Costa Coffee.

As I stroll up to the five star hotel where the course is to be held there are two fire engines with flashing blues and the bustle of a well tuned crew at work!!

RESULT! Thinks me, class must be cancelled!!

NO SUCH LUCK!! It's a sprinkler gone off in the kitchen due to an oven producing too much smoke with no food in it.

So up to rock up to reception,

Me: 'Hotel manager please'

Reception: 'You are?'

Me: 'Darren, Green Pro Clean Ltd, here about the incident with the ovens'

Manager: 'Hi, How can I help?'

Me: 'I see you have had an issue with your ovens this morning, we specialize in commercial kitchen cleans so if the fire department are done shall we take a look and see what we can do?'

Manager: 'Who called you?'

Me: 'No one, I'm here for the Speed Awareness course and saw what's going on'

Manager: 'Well that's great, saves me having to run around'

So to get on with the story, I quote up sorting the oven with an issue, then he asks for a full kitchen deep clean, and can I check the ducting and extraction unit.

'No problem Mr Manager, I will check it all after the course'

Emailed in a quotation this morning.

4 cleans a year of the extractors on a 3 year contract and an annual deep kitchen cleaning on a 3 year contract. /emoticons/smile.png)

Called me up this afternoon and gave the go ahead asking when I can fit in the first cleans.

RESULT!

I'm off tomorrow to hit as many speed cameras as I can! /emoticons/smile.png)

Latest Posts

Back