Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative solutions to ProtectaKote for lining van.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No prob. It does have a drawback, that is the drying time. It takes a day to be touch dry, but it can be a few days before you don't have to worry about leaving things on it for any length of time without them sticking. Once dry it's very good: tough, grippy, and excellent coverage. If there's a Bunnings near you, it's cheaper then b&q/wickes/screwfix ect.

I used isoflex liquid rubber from screwfix. I think it's really for repairing flat roofs but it works fine as long as you can put up with the smell that lasts for about a fortnight. A 4.5 ltr tin costs £40 I have a Nissan nv200 and used about half the tin.

Did you prime it first or just slap the isoflex straight on the plywood?

If you plan on keeping your van for a long time , get it professionally sprayed, we have used Walkdens in bury  , 3 vehicles  plus tank installations over the years, , highly recommend

Thanks, I have just had van floor done last week, All ply removed then sprayed in a mid grey colour, picking it up tomorrow, then   to the scrappage yard with ford transit van, rust boxesthem  vans,  I would never have another ford

Thanks, I have just had van floor done last week, All ply removed then sprayed in a mid grey colour, picking it up tomorrow, then   to the scrappage yard with ford transit van, rust boxesthem  vans,  I would never have another ford
The new transit customs are galvanised and come with a 12 year rust guarantee.

I agree the old fords were ?

Back