Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative To Backpack **** Advice Please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ACW

One if ny backpacks control **** has stopped working.

Its probably covered by the suppliers guarantee but I'm a keen diy ist.

Could I replace it easily with a better control system?

If it's WCW backpack then it'll be the cheap chinese pulse width modulator that's failed. You can replace it with one of theirs or buy something decent from amazon for £6 and fit it yourself.

They won't as they can replace the failed part. And if it is WCW they'll probably want you to pay for it - shocking customer service from them.

They won't as they can replace the failed part. And if it is WCW they'll probably want you to pay for it - shocking customer service from them.
Thousands would disagree Eclipse!!

What is your issue?

My issue was spoken about to your staff a while back, lets just say I wouldn't buy anything from you again after the shocking service I received over both of my backpacks that have each had at least 3 speed controllers each in the last 12 months, back pack warranty elapsed 2 weeks after fitting 2 new speed controllers and you refused to honour the warranty on the NEW speed controllers.

Well that says it all about the quality of those cheap china made backpack sprayers being sold as wfp backpacks at a ridiculous inflated mark-up :Image16:

I agree, when the electronics die in my 2 I will be re making them myself how they should have been done in the first place. No IP in something that carries water/liquids is ridiculous.

My issue was spoken about to your staff a while back, lets just say I wouldn't buy anything from you again after the shocking service I received over both of my backpacks that have each had at least 3 speed controllers each in the last 12 months, back pack warranty elapsed 2 weeks after fitting 2 new speed controllers and you refused to honour the warranty on the NEW speed controllers.
Eclipse,

Just to get this straight......

You had a couple of backpacks from us for 12 months and the speed controllers have failed at least 3 times?

Did we replace the speed controllers free of charge?

Not sure on the speed controller warranty issue... which warranty was it for backpack or speed controllers? - did they fail straight away? Did you buy them from us (as replacements)?

Just trying to work out what we could of/could do better, always aim to provide top service where possible, as I imagine you do with your own customers. Hate when we get it wrong.

Yes backpacks have both had at least 3 speed controllers (all came from yourselves) in the 12 month warranty period. You honoured the backpack warranty, when it had expired in spite of me replacing the speed controllers a few weeks before the backpack warranty expiring you weren't interested as it was after the warranty date.

So what Eclipse is wanting is this. If a part breaks and it's under 12 months old he wants it replaced. And if this part keeps on breaking every 9 months he wants it replacing because the actual replacement is under 12 months old. There has to be a limit of the amount of replacements as it could end up going on for years.

That's how I see it.

Why can't it go on? The new part comes with 12 months warranty as per SOGA. If it's a problem fit decent parts that last.

So what Eclipse is wanting is this. If a part breaks and it's under 12 months old he wants it replaced. And if this part keeps on breaking every 9 months he wants it replacing because the actual replacement is under 12 months old. There has to be a limit of the amount of replacements as it could end up going on for years.

That's how I see it.
And that's how most manufactures see it.
If a battery supplier replaces a car battery that has failed within it warranty, then you only get the remainder of the old battery's warranty on the replacement. So if your battery had a year's warranty, it failed after 9 months, was replaced, then the warranty on the replacement battery is only 3 months. Our backpack is nearly three years old, is used daily and has worked perfectly.

If the OP is experiencing regular issues with the same part and other's aren't, then maybe the problem is with the OP and not the fault of the product. If water is getting into the electronics through, say over zealous filling, then failures are to be expected. Time to look inwards rather than outwards.

Why can't it go on? The new part comes with 12 months warranty as per SOGA. If it's a problem fit decent parts that last.
Eclipse,

As Spruce stated and in pretty much all cases I've come across (as a purchaser) the actual guarantees start from date of purchase and are not rolling continuously from replacements given. We don't hold that as a hard and fast rule, we always try to help out where possible - if it was a short time over the 12 months we can, and have, helped our customers out with any issues. It may be a staff issue on our part, they would of been acting in line with our T&C's and saw 'the black and white' of it.

I will apologize as you have felt this is 'shocking service' as we do try to make sure customers are looked after. We will be reviewing what we can do about issues like this cropping in the future.

Think there is an obvious design fault and the guy should have had a full refund as not fit for purpose springs to mind. :Image16:

Smurf,

Not sure where you are coming from with an 'obvious design fault'? If this was the case it would affect every backpack out there.. around 3000+ over the last couple of years - yet some users have had the same unit with no issues for years and still going strong. Unfortunately things do go wrong with products, this does not make an item 'not fit for purpose' in any way, shape or form. Any product that is made up of a number of individual components is at risk of breakdown, any part could fail at any time for any reason.

In that chaps case how would you feel if a product you bought went wrong so many times in one year?

I know I would be well hacked off irrespective of how many units you so say you have sold. Trading standards would also be on his side for sure if he wanted to go down that route.

Smurf,

I can assure you that we act and operate well within any Trading Standard guidelines, if Eclipse (or yourself for that matter, though I'm not sure you have ever bought from us?) think otherwise - please contact them and show us where we have fallen down on any practices. We are not a fly by night operation and pride ourselves on the best customer service we can deliver.

Also without knowing Eclipses full situation and circumstances it seems the issue maybe different to simply replacing a certain part - if a fuse keeps blowing does that mean you have a faulty fuse, or does the fault lie elsewhere? Eclipses issue is definitely not the norm.

It's nice to see you so concerned in a fellow windies problem! :Image9:

Back