Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative water softeners?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jonseddo

I understand water softeners basically switch calcium for sodium. Is there a system that just removes calcium, full stop?
I’ve been a window cleaner for years, trad and pure water, but now my supply of water is likely emigrating I’m back to processing it myself.
So are there alternatives to RO or is this still the most cost effective way of producing pure water?
My thought was can a simpler system work? A water softener that just removes calcium followed by DI?
Any thoughts…?

All depends on you tap TDS. If it's below about 70 then you can DI only. Above that and RO is still cheapest way. It's not complex really, unless you need a booster pump to up your tap pressure and then control it all automatically then it's a bit more involved. Have a look at DAqua.co.uk or even give @doug atkinson a call and he will sort you out a good system but you will need to know your TDS and tap pressure first.

All depends on you tap TDS. If it's below about 70 then you can DI only. Above that and RO is still cheapest way. It's not complex really, unless you need a booster pump to up your tap pressure and then control it all automatically then it's a bit more involved. Have a look at DAqua.co.uk or even give @doug atkinson a call and he will sort you out a good system but you will need to know your TDS and tap pressure first.
Thanks Ched, I’ll do both. Thanks for your input ?

A water softener will improve water quality going into your RO as well as getting more life out of your membrane.

Is their an alternative yes Pentair have brought out a filter but this is more to do with domestic use so may not be suitable for an RO.

Back