Am I Using My Window Cleaning Ladder Correctly?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Aug 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I have a special window cleaning ladder, it narrows at the top and has a rubber thing with grooves, does the vertical groove go into the corner of the brickwork on the window sill? Please check my photos I have attached to see what I mean? And does the ladder come up to the window at an angle (as in photos)?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Don't know the facts myself as don't use one but think idea is it can go almost anywhere, as long as it's stable that looks good to me mate.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

that looks about right, yes the vertical groove go into the corner of the brickwork on the window sill.
    if you can get the corner of the wall down lined up with the centre of the ladder it will be right, plus dont try to over reach to the other side, keep 3 points of contact onto the ladder, (one hand and both feet)

(sorry about this next bit)

and have someone footing the ladder at the bottom or some other ladder safety equipment to make sure that the ladder is level and doesn't slip while your up there.

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yeah what he said lol.

5. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Never seen anything like it?!

Obvisly seen smaller wooden ones for shop fronts.

6. windybenn

windybenn Active Member

same as i got just put it where it is safe and you can reach the window

7. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Do you think i can have it coming across the window more than in the photo? Or just make sure the rubber groove is in the corner of the brickwork? Does it it approach the window at 45 degrees?

Will be working alone so can't have anyone footing the bottom of the ladder, I do that these rubber mate though.

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

as long and the rubber grove is on the corner and when you are standing infront of the ladder read to go up, make sure that the corner of the wall lines up with the centre of the ladder then it is at its safest. yer about 45 degrees is about right.

yer sorry about the safety bit, just what the teach on the ladder safety training that i when on! lol yer the rubber mat is great, thats great on lawns to, stops the ladder sinkin in the lawn!

9. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Can this type of ladder be used to reach the top parts of high to reach ground floor windows? In place of a step ladder?

When you say have the corner of the wall lined up with the centre of the ladder do you mean the top rungs of the ladder or all the rungs to the bottom?

Also when I extend the top half of the ladder, is the highest I should extend it to the third rung down ?

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer that will be fine to use, the 'A' frame part of the ladder comes away from the other part so you can carry and use only one section of it

Advertisement