Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another newbie on the forum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi All,
My name is Tony and I live in a small Town in Wiltshire, I've been reading the posts on this Forum for a while now but I've been hiding in the shadows. I'm not starting till next year but I want to get as much practice in as I can, I've got my equipment that I need but I have to save for the car as I've not got one at the moment.

I've had my business cards and leaflets printed by Vistaprint, I have got a printer but I couldn't make anything really good on it. Also got a sturdy pair of BT Ladders as I'm not a great fan of heights but it gives me the respect that will stop me from doing anything stupid while standing on them. I'm not scared of heights just hitting the floor.

Anyway I hope you'll help me with all your wisdom in the future and thank you for allowing me to join your forum. Many thanks all

Tony.:thumbsup:

Hi Tony, with all the different jobs you have to do being self employed window cleaner, you will work longer hours in general compared to an employee; you must monitor the hours you put in, without fail.

Take the standard working hours of 37 to 40 hours per week, this equates 4 days per week for a self employed individual; working longer i.e. 5, 6 or even 7 days per week is overtime, and working anything less than 4 days each week is part time.

Gauge your progress – how much you earn and how long it takes you. For example if you have 500 customers to service each month at £7.50 each or 250 customers at £15, or even 125 customers at £30, each of these 3 different round will turnover the same amount of money (£3,750) – but the cost of sales & total working time will be very different. The biggest impact is on the net profit, the amount but also the flexibility to adjust it easily.

Later on you can decide if you want to increase or lower your working hours, as and when its suits you, this is when window cleaning becomes very interesting, (only because the pay is high).

Good luck

(go wfp as soon as you think you are ready or it)

Thanks for the advice al,l I did have my own domestic cleaning business before so I have some sort of idea on what was ahead. I do love working out doors come rain or shine so I look forward to the future.

Thanks again

Tony./emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back