Another Wfp Company Charging Extortionate Prices In Leeds

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Squeak and Bubbles, Oct 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squeak and Bubbles

One of my residential customers rung me asking if I had sold my round to another window cleaning company, as they were cleaning her windows. They put a slip through her letterbox charging £14.00 for a small through terrace ( it's only got 6 windows) I charge £7.00, and only takes no more than 5 mins to do. Talking to other window cleaners in the area, they said they have heard of this window cleaning company charging extortionate rates. £25 for a 3 bed semi without a con. I charge between £10-£12 depending if they have bay windows or not.

There getting the work too, at rip off prices...

The way I view it there doing us a favor charging those prices. As I have already taken some work off them due to there rates. Don't know how anyone is willing to allow a window cleaner to charge that much money. What a rip off!

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Lol and here in the midlands some idiots are doing 3 bed houses for £4 a pop .

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

the problem squeak is, that you are under charging lol

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i would be more worried why they where cleaning her windows

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

That was my thought!!

6. chip

chip Guru

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Here here

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

But did the bill get paid?

It now seems quite normal around here for some to charge £15-£20 per clean for 3 bed semi/detached houses. Anyhow I suppose if you don’t ask you don’t get,,,,

9. Squeak and Bubbles

If its a big 3 bedroom semi with velux windows and a lot of windows then I would charge a max of £16.00, but not £25. Don't get me wrong, I also have other properties 4,5 and even 6 bedrooms that I charge from £25-up to £40.00 for the six bedroom with a small con, takes me 50 mins to clean, however no doubt the other window cleaning company would be charging double what I and others in my area would charge.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Like I said before you can work smarter or harder your choice. As long as customers are happy with the quality of your work and willing to pay why not charge more... :D

Advertisement