Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any other jobs like window cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Dave B would you have a link or supplier for that pump ? Please 

Nevermind googled one and found it ! 

I was quoted 200 odd by a certain supplier - I didn't realise they came cheaper ?‍♀️?‍♀️
Depends what RO you're running. I think I paid approx £250 for one on my 4040, that was a good rate. I can hear the annoying humming of it behind my head right now actually ?? 

Again @Tango, I highly suggest that 300 gpd RO from Pure Freedom. I know you’re on a water meter but, as it’ll be working properly, it won’t cost anywhere near as much as your eBay one and the costs will be negligible when you do your tax return. 

And it’ll give you 0 TDS not 480! 

Just thought i best correct that bit lol

The one i got off ebay was a 2nd hand unit from a young ex-windy - a streamline RO: 300GPD-F

The 480 TDS was on the waste line - which would be expected to be higher with a pure water being extracted away from the TDS.

Tango being inside a business working is hard to see the wood from the trees.  I'm building my business slowly because the last business I had I threw everything at it and lost nearly 10 years of my personal life chasing a dream.

What I found in that time is that it's easier to process what's happening by removing yourself from the business whenever you get the chance, even if you can't afford it.  It allows you time to process in your own mind what is happening.  I think you working right through Christmas was a bad idea, you're now feeling the effects of not seeing the wood from the trees.

Sometimes it's best to think back to when you were less fortunate, when maybe you didn't have some of the kit you have got now.  What would you be telling yourself?  

Sometimes it's easy to get down but if you step back and evaluate what you have achieved so far you might realise that things are actually getting better and a few small tweaks might make it a little easier for you to hit your goals.

But yeah, most important thing is to not work too hard, you need to work 'smart' not 'hard'.  Look after yourself.  

Oh and yeah, most people will tell you what Scottish said, in business your friends and family can be your worst enemy, a lot of people don't want you to succeed.  Far easier to laugh at someone elses failure than be shown up for ones own failings.

If you want it, you’ve got to win it.

My first ro cost 50quid, did about 200 litres in 24hrs!

Thats all you need when you start, pure water makes money and isn’t really a cost.

Try harder and good luck!

Don’t know if this has already been mentioned but are ladders and a bucket not an option and just canvass close to home? or even shop fronts just to get the money rolling in? 

I got a £3k business loan out when I started last year and believe me I don’t know how I got accepted because I was sinking into debt couldn’t afford the repayments on my credit cards etc but I still got accepted. This could be an option for you but you’d have to be willing to put the graft in to make it work. 

Latest Posts

Back