Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any thoughts on TDS and DI appreciated please guys and girls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

Hey all hope your all going good and not being battered too bad by the rain we have down south today! 

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on this it's not really a problem to me just strange!

Water is coming out my RO at 006ppm down from about 350-370 so performing great no probs there. After di a while ago I was up to 005 so changed resin. Brand new tulsion 115. Came out di for a week or at 000 then went to 003 then just stayed there. For ages so nonprob working on 003 and didnt change for months so just worked with it windows all perfect. Decided I would change resin again to see what happed and exact same put about 5000L through the new resin in just over a week at 000 then went to 003. Again it's been ages now on 003 and perfectly fine to work with but just wondered why after a short time it creeps to 003 but then stays on that long term?!  Still 006 out of RO. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers all

Yes to be fair, would've thought with it being 6 out the Ro that the resin would keep that polished to 0 for ages. Mines about 15 out the Ro, from tap of 530, and the resin gets it to 4 at the moment (was 0 to start) And its been 4 for ages. 

from and engineering view the only real way that could/should happen is if some of the water going through the di vessel is managing to bypass much contact with the resin, have you filled the resin right up to full capacity? only other thing i could think is too much capacity being forced through not giving it time to be polished off...Im by no means fully conversed on resin etc just giving my engineering two penneth as they say, hope you get to the bottom of it though ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To check to see if your DI Vessel is not faulty and a bag onto the bottom of the riser tube. This means no water should come out when the tap is turned on. If you get a slow dribble from the outlet then you have a problem and will be chucking out resin that has not been exhausted. 

Thanks for all the ideas guys I'm wondering if I have the water passing through the resin too fast ?

@P4dstar where abouts on di vessel is the rubber seal your talking about mate? Cheers all

from and engineering view the only real way that could/should happen is if some of the water going through the di vessel is managing to bypass much contact with the resin, have you filled the resin right up to full capacity? only other thing i could think is too much capacity being forced through not giving it time to be polished off...Im by no means fully conversed on resin etc just giving my engineering two penneth as they say, hope you get to the bottom of it though ?
Thanks for the ideas my vessels filled to about 75% which is what I was always under the impression was best way so riser could fit in without forcing it in. I'm wondering if it's going through too fast though as you say

Thanks for all the ideas guys I'm wondering if I have the water passing through the resin too fast ?

@P4dstar where abouts on di vessel is the rubber seal your talking about mate? Cheers all

Thanks for the ideas my vessels filled to about 75% which is what I was always under the impression was best way so riser could fit in without forcing it in. I'm wondering if it's going through too fast though as you say
Its under the riser lid, On both my DI vessels they're sort of stuck to it but could be easily peeled off. I've seen a couple of people mention they were the cause of the same problem.

I found this video helpful with regards to filling/changing resin...

Back