anyone have experience with hot water for wfp?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Cactus27, Nov 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Cactus27

Cactus27 Member

i recently purchased an eccotemp L10 portable water heater to warm up my water.temps here are around freezing right now with tap water 40ish degrees F.
    did some research about thermal cracking of glass and it didn't seem a concern but today as i cleaned the window would start to make clicking noises, no cracks but the clicking scared the **** out of me and i turned the heater off.
    anybody had direct experience with this?

Advertisement
  2. Bishy

Bishy Member

3. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

that dont sound good :eek:

4. russ1979

russ1979 Member

Makes sense I suppose, but I hope not as I'm looking at getting a diesel heater fitted.
    To try and stand out from the crowd as pure water is pure water

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

You aren't washing the window with 40 degree water, probably closer to 18-20 in most cases.

By the time it's gone through 100 meter of hose it will have cooled a fair amount.

Even with the water at 40 and the glass at o degrees you have little chance of fracture due to 'thermal shock'

6. russ1979

russ1979 Member

Makes sense when it comes from someone who knows what they are talking about, with being new to window cleaning I question everything its the only way I will learn

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As I have always advised, make sure you insurance (liability) is in place and make sure it covers the item 'being worked on' then if you are unlucky you are not out of pocket.

8. russ1979

russ1979 Member

have been going through insurance quotes but I nether thought of covering what I was working on will have to check what they are quoting for.
    thanks

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

The only provider I have found so far that offers truly comprehensive cover for the cleaning industry is Gleaming Insurance, sure there are others cheaper but that's cause what you're working on isn't actually covered.

10. russ1979

russ1979 Member

will get my wife on the job tomorrow

Advertisement