Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin specifications

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jeremy Farmer

Hi All,

What specifications do you look for (manufacturers data) when choosing your mixed bed DI resin?

Is it driven by the make up of your particular areas water?

Here in Mexico, I am able to get hold of Resintech MBD 10. Anyone heard/used it? If so, did it work for you.

Grateful for any advice.

Jeremy

To be honest we use tulison mb115 always have no particular reason but that’s what was recommended to me years ago and have just stuck with it , we have ro with di and a tap TDS of around 80-90

To be honest we use tulison mb115 always have no particular reason but that’s what was recommended to me years ago and have just stuck with it , we have ro with di and a tap TDS of around 80-90
Hi PJJ,

Understood.

Would love to just 'internet' the stuff, but with Int. delivery, official duties and unofficial ones it becomes prohibitive.
Thats why I would like to try to understand a bit of the 'chemistry', so I can source a local product that does the job.
Perhaps I should pretend to be a student and contact Thermax/Purolite for thesis assistance ?

Cheers

Hi PJJ,

Understood.

Would love to just 'internet' the stuff, but with Int. delivery, official duties and unofficial ones it becomes prohibitive.
Thats why I would like to try to understand a bit of the 'chemistry', so I can source a local product that does the job.
Perhaps I should pretend to be a student and contact Thermax/Purolite for thesis assistance ?

Cheers
@doug atkinson is the boffin regarding this type of question

Resintech have only just started manufacturing their own resin. They usually would purchase from other companies mix it then brand it themselves. It’s a mixture of 1.1 anion/cation which would not suit water here in the UK. Tulsion is a mixture of 1.2 and higher moisture retention.

Purolite and Dow now DuPont would be more suitable than Resintech but you will pay a higher price.

Latest Posts

Back