Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost A Commercial Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I clean a retail chain once every 2 weeks , cleaned em today and the woman ( think she was the managers sister or something) says to me the windows arent done, look its all wet i wfp outside and used vikan kit on inside, she goes look their streaky i go na ther not they wer actually clean but cos the sun was shining in it looked like their wer streaky then she goes their all wet i go u supposed to leave em wet she goes no ya not then i heard her on fone sayin pay him this tym and terminate his contract i go okay fine ... Hmmm

LOL H, stand in manager with a superiority complex can be bad for business. How dare you tell her how to clean windows. /emoticons/ohmy.png

Richard

maybe go back later in the day when their dry and show her that their clean and streak free and she might reconsider,its times like this when you might regret not learning how to use a squeegy

to be fair h, if the windows are streaky when the sun hits them then the windows are streaky, end of! maybe your vikan kit doesnt do as good a job as you think.

I was thinking that. Surely if there streaky there stay streaky. As said go back & check em. Squeegee mate all the way but to me they shouldn't streak mate. Maybe the wfp guys can help u H

I can see the point in using a vikan for awkward jobs, like on stairs etc but im assuming you could squeegee them. Its not hard to learn H. Do you not think its worth your while learning to use it now?

i always squeegee shops even the ones with harder to reach window just use an extension pole i use microfiber cloths and spray pure water on some of the internals if they've got displays set up, sometimes when you look at it from a different angle you can see a streak or small mark it shows even more if the sun is glaring right on them just take your time and check them or learn to use a squeegee

Time and time on this forum I see the argument of wfp and squeegee.

Some people think im being funny about it and I do both.

Another odd chap who will remain nameless thinks it's bonkers to carry 2 kits.

This has proved a classic point.

Learn that squeegee H,I don't want you to lose any more jobs mate.

I can see the point in using a vikan for awkward jobs, like on stairs etc but im assuming you could squeegee them. Its not hard to learn H. Do you not think its worth your while learning to use it now?
He'll still say no lol

Time and time on this forum I see the argument of wfp and squeegee.Some people think im being funny about it and I do both.

I got bored of the topics the last few days and just keep logging off.

18 kwiid a month but picked up 2 new houses today so not bad /emoticons/smile.png plus i forgot to mention the main reason she wasnt happy cos ther was sellotspe on the window ( not just easy pull of 1 like bad sellotape on it thats a hedache to remove she goes u havent removed the cellotape ) i cum to clean windows not remove the sellotape

Aim not to lose jobs mate,that sellotape should've taken a couple of minutes to get of.word of mouth important,she could tell a bunch of people about you.aim to please matr.

18 kwiid a month but picked up 2 new houses today so not bad /emoticons/smile.png plus i forgot to mention the main reason she wasnt happy cos ther was sellotspe on the window ( not just easy pull of 1 like bad sellotape on it thats a hedache to remove she goes u havent removed the cellotape ) i cum to clean windows not remove the sellotape
Scrapper blade would have took that off easy.

May I point out I'm that odd chap that also happens to be a trad guy that ady is on about.

There are alway times when it is better to trad than use a wfp on some commercial jobs.

Just to clarify the point ady I was making was in a previous post about mixed methods on domistic properties not commercial jobs you numpty /emoticons/biggrin.png

Time and time on this forum I see the argument of wfp and squeegee.Some people think im being funny about it and I do both.

I always trad commercial. As its been said they like it looking good when you've left. Also I don't want to be leaving water on public walkways.

Resorted to name calling again Smurf,its a simple shop window we are on about here.

just don't want the bloke to lose work that's all.

Do one .

To be far H you should have pointed that out to start with that removal of sellotape from glass is not included in your standard regular window clean price. Then if they wanted it removed you could have charged a little bit extra and could have used acetone & scrapper to remove it easily enough.

And yes I agree with others would be best if you learn how to trad so can take on more commercial jobs like shop fronts.

Clean window H means taking off Sellotape H. I know you don't like ladders & that's fair enough but you can still learn trad & it wouldn't take you long. You will get more work H

Back