Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost A Commercial Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Agreed ady and by the way that was being friendly after your condescending remarks /emoticons/biggrin.png

Also I'm not sure what "Do one" means either but you do make me laugh :lol:

Resorted to name calling again Smurf,its a simple shop window we are on about here.just don't want the bloke to lose work that's all.

Do one .

Just a bit of harmless banter Smurfy.

Only discovered this forum by accident and just like to advise people so they don't lose jobs and maybe learn of others.we all have different methods and views and suppose views will clash.end of fella.

i use a vikan easy shine kit on a big commercial job.... and their all small windows and all i use for that is a vikan easyshine kit and it does a very good job but i think shop windows are better done trad to be honest /emoticons/smile.png

H learn trad at home. Im only just learnt it and im so pleased /emoticons/smile.png

you can just practice on insides when its raining or when your of

going to offer it to my gardening customers and hoping to get some work

I could watch this guy all day:-

Sorry...you'll have to copy n paste to watch.

BTW....could someone tell me why I can't post links/media....do I need to reach a certain post count ?

Mart.

Best video I've seen so far on youtube on 'how to trad'.

Maybe it's just me but I think the old boy in it is quality - it's like being taught a skill by your grandad or something.

Anyway 9 minutes well spent when I was starting out /emoticons/smile.png

H my 4 year old has started to use a squeegee,better than some window cleaners round our way.lol
Yer my daughter at 2 and a half know what to do with one too! Hasn't got the technique yet, but it's a start! Lol

Come on H if that old fella can do it so can you! Its really not that hard, within a month I was up to speed with guy who had been doing it 12 years when I started.

I was having such a hard time learning then i watched his video and used a smaller squeegee. I was going to send that vid to H /emoticons/smile.png

its the best one /emoticons/smile.png

Only thing I would add to that is double back it to the top the corners, especially if there only getting done every 4 weeks+. Will be worse if the sun shines on them too.

If you leave a small gap round the edges (dont hit the sides with the app) they you wont need to wipe all the soap off from the frames.

Also when finishing flat, take half the sguegee of the bottom sill and with the end its still on point it back in to the window and run it flatly along the sill. This will get all the excess soap off the ledge part of the frame. If you follow the above step and this step you should only need to wipe the bottom frame.

Now reading back, that seems hard to understand. I should make a video? lol

Back