Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Still Sealing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
Sealed a drive yesterday and it rained an hour and a half later, just about had time to dry so I think I got away with it!

I am now starting to think it is a bit dodgy sealing until spring because of the weather.

Anyone still sealing or do you stop during the autumn/winter?

Its pretty damp even when its not raining round here!, but as a bit of a thread hijack, is it ok to re-sand at this time of year? or is it too wet do you think?

I have my first 2 sealing jobs to do next week all booked in. Should just about get away with it if the met office has got the weather forecast right. Just a bit colder than I would like it to be.

Re-sanding is fine if you have a day or two of dry weather but I think I won't be doing any more sealing until next year.

I have my first 2 sealing jobs to do next week all booked in. Should just about get away with it if the met office has got the weather forecast right. Just a bit colder than I would like it to be.
What sealant are you using and how are you applying it?

It would be worth your while investing in a sprayer, it will only take about a quarter of the time it takes with a roller.

I don't know what the Smart Seal stuff is like, I use Sealers Direct Premium Ultra HD Sealer.

It is brill although you need thinners to clean the sprayer afterwards, it really enhances the colour of the blocks!

Latest Posts

Back