Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back to work after Covid 19

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

It don’t rain it pours!

so after my other problems this year i ended up with Covid and have lost 2/3 weeks work!

I'm not fishing for pity but am interested in what I might expect when I start back.

has anybody els had it and how were you work wise after it. Im at 10 days so no longer contagious but I’ll expect to be off for the rest of this week as I’m struggling with tiredness heavy arms, head etc. It has totally wiped me out. I’m genuinely interested if any of you had it and how you managed the physical work of cleaning after and how long before your strength returned?

It don’t rain it pours!

so after my other problems this year i ended up with Covid and have lost 2/3 weeks work!

I'm not fishing for pity but am interested in what I might expect when I start back.

has anybody els had it and how were you work wise after it. Im at 10 days so no longer contagious but I’ll expect to be off for the rest of this week as I’m struggling with tiredness heavy arms, head etc. It has totally wiped me out. I’m genuinely interested if any of you had it and how you managed the physical work of cleaning after and how long before your strength returned?
Hope you feel better soon. Not had it myself, been as cautious as possible. 

Did you have both your jabs at least 3 weeks before you caught it? Just asking as 'they' seem to suggest that having been double jabbed makes the infection less bad but sounds like you have had a rough time. 

Fingers crossed for you.

It don’t rain it pours!

Really sorry to hear this, I really do hope you make a full recovery!!

Did you have the vaccine, I know two people who chose not Fella 55yrs old still in bed 5 weeks later, an old friend of my wife 45yrs old and is now into week 3 with a space helmet on her head to help her breathe and now they have found a blood clot she ain't the healthiest people. 

@Part Timer & @doug atkinson both had covid but I believe Doug had and may still have ongoing issues 

I was not vaccinated however I was booked in to have the vax but the virus got to me first. Obviously I wish I’d taken the vaccination when I was first offered it. Live and learn! I think I need to wait 35 days for the jabs now since having the virus not sure going to talk with my doctor. Delta variant was not fun!

@Iron Giant @ched999uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it fairly badly, nearly in Hospital, Easter last year during the initial wave. I reckon I was virtually back to full speed after around 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure if I have any ongoing difficulties as we're far busier nowadays to what we were then so the tiredness I get now is probably a combination of being busier and old age.

I had it fairly badly, nearly in Hospital, Easter last year during the initial wave. I reckon I was virtually back to full speed after around 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure if I have any ongoing difficulties as we're far busier nowadays to what we were then so the tiredness I get now is probably a combination of being busier and old age.
Glad to hear that you were strong enough to work after 3/4 weeks and been working well since. If I could have similar outcome I’d be very pleased. I managed a short walk today so hopefully improve each day.

thanks for the feedback it gives me confidence for the task ahead.

Glad you made a full recovery. A person well known in the Industry unfortunately passed away with it. Some may know him Peter Fogwill, saw him quite regularly and was well shocked at his passing away.

I still struggle with a few issues but the main things I suffered from was foggy brain and racing heart.

One thing that effects me is alcohol and seems to effect a lot with long Covid.

My advise is take it easy, don’t rush it as you may regret it in the long run. You may find you start suffering with other issues which baffles doctors. On my third set of blood tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you made a full recovery. A person well known in the Industry unfortunately passed away with it. Some may know him Peter Fogwill, saw him quite regularly and was well shocked at his passing away.

I still struggle with a few issues but the main things I suffered from was foggy brain and racing heart.

My advise is take it easy, don’t rush it as you may regret it in the long run. You may find you start suffering with other issues which baffles doctors. On my third set of blood tests.
One of my customers had long covid and it took 8 months till she could walk again unaided. Muscles and bones were always sore and got tired very easily, even standing was tiring. 

Had a bit of a setback today probably from trying to do to much, very tired. I find it catches me in waves you think I’m sorted then you realise I’m doing too much! So I’m beginning to understand “the don’t rush it” as it’s bit me today and put me in my place.

One of my customers had long covid and it took 8 months till she could walk again unaided. Muscles and bones were always sore and got tired very easily, even standing was tiring. 
My forearms were like lead and standing up straight is a challenge I have a strong friend who was hospitalised and needed oxygen and looks weak as a kitten weeks after he was the main reason I was asking about other peoples experience as I can’t work if I’m like him. But I don’t have it as bad as him either. So hopefully my strength returns!

Had a bit of a setback today probably from trying to do to much, very tired. I find it catches me in waves you think I’m sorted then you realise I’m doing too much! So I’m beginning to understand “the don’t rush it” as it’s bit me today and put me in my place.
My first day back was Friday May 1st, it was a commercial day with a lot of 30 minute jobs and 20 minute drives in between. I finished the day a lot more tired then I did normally, but managed. On the Monday had a big 3 hour job, had to go back to the van and have a rest after an hour, thought I was going to pass out. When we'd done the job my son had to take me home and finish the day on his own. Just took it steadily after that and made sure I had energy bars in the van at all times.

Everyone will react and recover differently so if I were you I'd just listen to what your body tells you and take it from there.

My first day back was Friday May 1st, it was a commercial day with a lot of 30 minute jobs and 20 minute drives in between. I finished the day a lot more tired then I did normally, but managed. On the Monday had a big 3 hour job, had to go back to the van and have a rest after an hour, thought I was going to pass out. When we'd done the job my son had to take me home and finish the day on his own. Just took it steadily after that and made sure I had energy bars in the van at all times.

Everyone will react and recover differently so if I were you I'd just listen to what your body tells you and take it from there.
I used to regularly work on an empty stomach lol I know that’s out of the window now! Thanks for the energy bar tip make sense I’ll need to look after myself better!

It don’t rain it pours!

Wishing you better health and better luck mate 

I hope you get back to your normal strength soon. I know window cleaners who have had it, and returned to work straight away. But it will be different for everyone I think.

I honestly think we will all be getting this now. No way they can do more lockdowns etc. I think its just a case of everyone has been offered a vaccine, they have treatment options, so now its go for heard immunity, and let it spread.

Apparently if someone in your house has it but you have a negative PCR, its go to work ?. Insane. I would definately stay off in this circumstance. 

I hope you get back to your normal strength soon. I know window cleaners who have had it, and returned to work straight away. But it will be different for everyone I think.

I honestly think we will all be getting this now. No way they can do more lockdowns etc. I think its just a case of everyone has been offered a vaccine, they have treatment options, so now its go for heard immunity, and let it spread.

Apparently if someone in your house has it but you have a negative PCR, its go to work ?. Insane. I would definately stay off in this circumstance. 
Customers are starting to call but so far when I tell them they have all been very supportive and are just concerned that I’ll get better. I’m planning on having this week off just sleeping and eating to get my strength back my brother who also cleans windows said he will help out my first week back so hopefully I’ll be back to strength enough by the following week, I feel much much better already. I don’t know what the answer long term will be with it all  it’s been the oddest of times! 

Customers are starting to call but so far when I tell them they have all been very supportive and are just concerned that I’ll get better. I’m planning on having this week off just sleeping and eating to get my strength back my brother who also cleans windows said he will help out my first week back so hopefully I’ll be back to strength enough by the following week, I feel much much better already. I don’t know what the answer long term will be with it all  it’s been the oddest of times! 
Just take it easy and do what you can when you can don’t overdo it , hope you are feeling better soon .

To be fair I would think 99% of your customers would fully understand, and support, your position. The 1% that don't aren't worth a light anyway.

Still think that you being a fit young yeti you'll be fine after a week or two.

I had it last year during the first wave, I lost a huge amount of weight and I was very weak for about 6 weeks. I had about 4 weeks off of work, when I went back I struggled through the first couple of weeks. I hope you're feeling better soon. 

I had it last year during the first wave, I lost a huge amount of weight and I was very weak for about 6 weeks. I had about 4 weeks off of work, when I went back I struggled through the first couple of weeks. I hope you're feeling better soon. 
I don’t know how much weight I’ve lost but my face looks slimmer so every cloud has a silver lining ? 

Back