Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack recommendation needed (don't recommend Gardiner please as they're out of stock)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Welshyyyyy

Can anyone recommend a backpack please, excluding Gardiner as they're out of stock- my current Gardiner one has given up on me after very little use, won't even switch on (apart from a slight whistling sound), and the last time it did work, I filled it up with water for one small job (I only do windows if someone asks, not my usual day job) and by the time I'd got to the customer the water had all leaked out the bottom so I had no water to do the job and a very soggy van! So it looks like it has bitten the dust. Gardiners don't have any stock for about another month and I need one asap as I've got 3 jobs next week if I can get hold of one, I've seen the Blueman20 and the Facelift big boy, both about £150 that look like they'd be fine but any other suggestions?

I have no idea how good with diy you are, I would be inclined to see if I can fix the gardiners one first. They are very simple, just a pump, speed controller and a battery, plus hoses and wires.

If it's leaked from underneath then maybe the pump had water in and froze, cracking it? Turn it upside down and unscrew about 4 or 6 philips head screws and see what you can see. Check pump and hoses for cracks, splits etc. A new pump is less than £20, a cheapy speed controller less than £10. 

If you have a multimeter check battery voltage, then check the voltage gets through the switch, 1 position of switch gives full battery voltage straight to pump, check fuse etc, the wiring diagram is on gardiners web site - they have strange colour code and put fuse in -ve so follow diagram!!!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

From experience the high pitched whistling will be the pump trying to spin but not working properly.

The leak could be one of the diaphragms gone.

Just buy a new 12v pump from amazon for 20 squid.

Thanks for the reply Ched, I'll probably look at repairing this one sometime when I've got time, just too busy at the moment, so I just need one to get back up and running for now

Open the bottom up and what you may find the inlet hose going into the pump the jubilee clip may have come loose. I have stock in Perth Scotland but collection only at present. 

Can anyone recommend a backpack please, excluding Gardiner as they're out of stock- my current Gardiner one has given up on me after very little use, won't even switch on (apart from a slight whistling sound), and the last time it did work, I filled it up with water for one small job (I only do windows if someone asks, not my usual day job) and by the time I'd got to the customer the water had all leaked out the bottom so I had no water to do the job and a very soggy van! So it looks like it has bitten the dust. Gardiners don't have any stock for about another month and I need one asap as I've got 3 jobs next week if I can get hold of one, I've seen the Blueman20 and the Facelift big boy, both about £150 that look like they'd be fine but any other suggestions?
Rebuild your Gardiner as it's easily done or build or buy a trolley

Back