Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bank Holiday Queen

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bwfc

Do you think it would be okay to work on bank holiday coming up Monday? I normally take off bank Holidays but don't want to take the day off for someone I never knew.

The Royal Household have said they want oeople to carry on. However some customers and neighbours may think you are been disrespectful.
Personally I think people be allowed to do what they feel is best, you always get those who think every one should do what they think is right.

? I can't believe they announced a bank holiday I lose enough days of work as it is with all the other one's and they throw in another one absolute pish take

I'm neither for or against the royals, think the whole thing is a bit over the top though. Radio only playing ballads. Loads of shops closing the day she died etc. With all the rain last week I'm a bit behind so il work it. If I'm behind il work the bank holidays, apart from Easter Monday. Thats the only one where it seems almost everyone is off.

This is very short notice for a lot of people who are already in a terrible year of cost of living increases. Yes they capped the bills but they have increased massively compared to this time last year and the costs are going to keep on going up and up. So if he wants to work who are any of you tell him not to? Youre self employed you make the choice...

This country has gone down and down during her reign and will prbably get a lot worse now we have Jimmy Savilles best mate in charge...

This is very short notice for a lot of people who are already in a terrible year of cost of living increases. Yes they capped the bills but they have increased massively compared to this time last year and the costs are going to keep on going up and up. So if he wants to work who are any of you tell him not to? Youre self employed you make the choice...

This country has gone down and down during her reign and will prbably get a lot worse now we have Jimmy Savilles best mate in charge...

The OP did ask for opinions on whether it would be ok to work.
Some are saying it’s disrespectful, some are saying it’ll be ok.
It’s entirely up to him what he does.

I Think charles taking over is a big risk for the royals moving forward. Wheather people agree with them or not the queen came accross as a likeable person. I dont think charles comes accross as someone who has that. Not sure what thr rules are if you can skip it but id have thought passing it onto william would have been the better choice. I think the public would take to him alot more than they will charles.

We always work bank holidays, the only time I ever contact customers to check they are okay with us being there is easter Monday. We won't be working but only because we're on holiday thay week, if we weren't I would call a few customers that I knew would be okay with us turning up and carry on.

I lost my respect for her when she spent 12 million quid of tax payers money to bail out her nonce son Andrew a few months back... Why did the British public have to for pay that? I am working and if the customer says don't come that day come another well he wont be having the job completed until next March its a roof clean...

When i heard the news i thought thats a shame. Then 5 minutes later i had forgot about it and moved on same way i would with anyone i dont know.

I wont be working because i dont work bank holidays cant be doing with everyone being at home.

I lost my respect for her when she spent 12 million quid of tax payers money to bail out her nonce son Andrew a few months back... Why did the British public have to for pay that? I am working and if the customer says don't come that day come another well he wont be having the job completed until next March its a roof clean...
yeh but, at least he doesn't have to pay liz back now, on a more serious note, i'll not be working on the monday out of respect like many others have said the op is/was asking for i guess guidance on this and whether to work or not, my customers are more of the elderly type, born into the royalty being people you looked up to and many like myself have served so we uphold respect on these certain days.
one question, if you worked on the monday- a day of national greiveing, how would your present and future customers view you as a person and a business?.
in all honesty if you turned up on the monday to clean my windows, you'd not be doing them on the day or ever again.
that of course is my opinion and, i'm entitled to that mate, just lose a days income, most of us are due to respect.
catch up during the week if you need to just don't be working the monday in my opinion.

i will mot be working . this is our countrys history. We all know how Sxxt this country has become. But hey its still great if you want it to be. Certainly is for us as to what we can earn . Respect costs nothing She done well . RIP Lizzie

yeh but, at least he doesn't have to pay liz back now, on a more serious note, i'll not be working on the monday out of respect like many others have said the op is/was asking for i guess guidance on this and whether to work or not, my customers are more of the elderly type, born into the royalty being people you looked up to and many like myself have served so we uphold respect on these certain days.
one question, if you worked on the monday- a day of national greiveing, how would your present and future customers view you as a person and a business?.
in all honesty if you turned up on the monday to clean my windows, you'd not be doing them on the day or ever again.
that of course is my opinion and, i'm entitled to that mate, just lose a days income, most of us are due to respect.
catch up during the week if you need to just don't be working the monday in my opinion.

I'd agree with your points if people were actually grieving, while I don't think many were wishing she died, I don't see to much genually grieving. I'd say 95% of the nation won't be up nor down about her passing.

During the week youl get a rough idea if most places are shutting down for it. If it's like the Easter Monday holiday where it seems everyone is off then I probably wouldn't work it. If its getting treated as just a normal one then I wouldn't see the issue. Alot of places don't close on the normal bank holidays and have fewer staff in. Easter seems to be the one that most shut down on

Back