Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Dilema?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

me5380

I am going out end of week canvassing my target is 6 new customers a day min £10 cleans,i am gonna target new estates (not social housing states) ther is also some really big houses where i intend going ,I am really wanting to try new flyers but i am worried about posting them into a £500,000 home,

do you think i should stick to the basics when targeting these kind of homes

or should i be bold and try something new,i d intend knocking on thse doors but if not in i will post a flyer as it involves alot of walking and some big drives.

I do enjoy knocking on these doors the bigger the house the better i find many people hav not knocked these doors before,i just dont want to spoil my chances by posting a flyer that is not the norm

what do u think

i have not completed it yet ,but i think it is a big risk,there is abit about knowing your audience when designing leaflet,i think i should go with gut instinct and stick to the norm.

but something is nagging me about sticking to the norm and being the same as everyone

i have not completed it yet ,but i think it is a big risk,there is abit about knowing your audience when designing leaflet,i think i should go with gut instinct and stick to the norm.

but something is nagging me about sticking to the norm and being the same as everyone
I think your worrying about it to much, A flyers a flyer to me, as long as it has your basic info on it. Its all good

dont worry about it, who cares what price the house is its the people inside that count, as long as it looks a good flyer dont worry just post them!

think thats the wrong way to go, its got nothing to do with window cleaning,

got to keep it nice and simple

Whats it about picture says nothing to me waste of a massive space and a tiny line about window cleaning dont know how you come up with it but it dont grab my attention

see that is the point,i can make one that says mr clean,great price,call for a quote,etc,but its been done and not just a few times,i would sooner be abit more crative in my approach,i think the point i want to make is that people may read more as they dont know what to expect,

think its a risk but i loose nothing by trying,people get that many leaflets now they prob wont remember my name if i re canvass in a few week

you could loose a lot with something like that, makes the company look poor because they cant even do a simple advert, if that came through my door i would look at it and think wft and throw it.

maybe,i could just pop some low grade a4 in my printer and just do plain txt and come back on here and moan they are not working like many have done in the past,or i could try something new and take a gamble,whats the worst that can happen.

the simple fact is most leaflets go in the bin so that doesn,t bother me to much,i chuck them away myself when they come through my door as i am sure you do

i have had more success with plain adverts on a a5 sheet of paper than anything else, 85% of my work has come form these plain, simple and straight to the point advert.

i tried some fancy ones and never got any responce to them.

ok,cheers for the feedback thats why i put it on here to find out,

i think i will give it a go,see what happens.

im a risk taker i guess

dont think it can hurt

You go for it mate. As you said 95./' of leaflets go in the bin weather there fancy or plain. As I said I'm not one for spending loads on leaflets & just do a lain tex as I think if they want you they will have you. I personally don't think it will make you look unprofessional as people know they can try you & if not happy they won't pay & get rid of you. I built my round up which is 450 custies wearing shorts t-shirts & trackie bottoms & using plain leaflets but thats just my opionion.Only thing I would do is make the writing bigger & the picture smaller.

just get a leaflet thats basic and gets the mesage across in the simplest form of way lads /emoticons/smile.png simple /emoticons/tongue.png

Hey me, my flyers are complete pants.. So they are lying behind seat in the van. Now when I go knocking I just go with my "windows cleaned" cards.. Has my business name, number, and website.. Really when I knock a door I talk to the people then once everything is confirmed I say here's a flyer/or my wee card.. For the people that are not in, I will just take note and call back to them when they are in.. But as others said a flyer is a flyer, you could pay £100s for flyers and still not be any good cleaning windows.. You sound a bit like me with flyers, keep changing my mind and thinking they are ****...

I may just get myself business cards for canvassing and stick to flyer drops for gutters etc

Hey me, my flyers are complete pants.. So they are lying behind seat in the van. Now when I go knocking I just go with my "windows cleaned" cards.. Has my business name, number, and website.. Really when I knock a door I talk to the people then once everything is confirmed I say here's a flyer/or my wee card.. For the people that are not in, I will just take note and call back to them when they are in.. But as others said a flyer is a flyer, you could pay £100s for flyers and still not be any good cleaning windows.. You sound a bit like me with flyers, keep changing my mind and thinking they are ****...

I may just get myself business cards for canvassing and stick to flyer drops for gutters etc
If I remember correctly, your flyers were good?

yeah i thought they were ok to,i think sometimes we can be to self critical,lol,there is something in what someonelse sai that if people want there windows doing they will ring regardless

Latest Posts

Back