Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery for a trolly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johnwindow1987

Hi everyone,
I’m after a bit of advice I have some spare parts laying around and trying to make a trolley system.
What kind of battery will work to use flow control and pump.
Hope this makes sense as I only want a small battery not the big battery that’s use for the van system
Cheers everyone

Gardiners back packs use a 12v 12Ah sealed lead acid battery. They do use a smaller pump so use less current than a 'standard' Surflow would.
You will also need a charger suitable for what ever battery you buy. I think Screwfix and Toolstation sell some 12v lead acids.

Gardiners back packs use a 12v 12Ah sealed lead acid battery. They do use a smaller pump so use less current than a 'standard' Surflow would.
You will also need a charger suitable for what ever battery you buy. I think Screwfix and Toolstation sell some 12v lead acids.
That’s great would a trickle charger work on one of the battery’s it has motorbike and car on the charger

That’s great would a trickle charger work on one of the battery’s it has motorbike and car on the charger
It sort of depends. Motorbike batteries are small and similar capacities but they used to be wet lead acids that would allow gassing. A sealed lead acid does need a charger that's compatible but your trickle charger might do sealed lead acids.
What make and model is your charger?

It sort of depends. Motorbike batteries are small and similar capacities but they used to be wet lead acids that would allow gassing. A sealed lead acid does need a charger that's compatible but your trickle charger might do sealed lead acids.
What make and model is your charger?
It’s one of them cheap trickle chargers from Lidl. I will have to Google and have a read see if it will

I have two of those Lidl chargers and both work well on my trollies. I use them to charge both 12v 7ah and 10ah batteries on the motorcycle setting and they work fine. I see no reason why they wouldn't work on 12ah batteries. They would just take a little longer to charge them.

I have two of those Lidl chargers and both work well on my trollies. I use them to charge both 12v 7ah and 10ah batteries on the motorcycle setting and they work fine. I see no reason why they wouldn't work on 12ah batteries. They would just take a little longer to charge them.
They did have problems with theses chargers as that’s what the guy who makes the warlord trollys supplied for his units we had no end of issues with them saying the battery was charged but it wasn’t , so just be careful with them .

Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully not had issues with mine yet. I have an older one and a more recent one that I mainly use for my car as it doesn't do many miles so I need to top it up every couple of months. Both seem to work fine. The only thing I've noticed with the older one is that if I allow the car battery to get too low it won't start to charge. I have to use the newer one

Latest Posts

Back