Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battle of the batteries

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Switching the V16 and previous V11 off powers down the display and controller will no longer drive anything. While connected to the controller micro processor goes into a standby mode Current here is less than 100th of an amp so barely measurable. Should the controller be left switched on and in Dead end over night Current draw here is about 10th of a an amp so if left in DE for 10 days the would be 1amp.

Batteries also discharge naturally whether connected or not and can loose up to 5% of charge just sat in a shelf.

Cheers
Thanks. We found that the last model Varistream actually puts current to the pump. It not enough to start the pump but its enough to hear an audible 'knock' or 'clunk' from the pump when the battery is connected.

We found that a new fully charged 85amph Numax battery lost 25% of its charge over a week of the van lying idle. I initially suspected the battery and swapped it with one that was 6 months old from my son's van. The same thing happened to the second battery but the first battery didn't loose charge in son's van.

I queried this with Williamson Pumps who told me to use an isolator switch. And they also told me the battery must be faulty in the van as their Varistream doesn't use that amount of current when switched off.

Back