Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best brush for first cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know brushes have been talked about a lot and they are personal taste……But what do we reckon is the best brush for first cleans? I have an Gardiner Ultimate medium soft brush but it struggled on windows that have not been cleaned for ages. Just wondered what everyone would suggest when you need more scrubbing capability? Also I use fan jest and not sure if I would be better with the 2mm pencil jets, thanks

I find fan jets don't rinse away the little specs quite so well unless you have a higher flow rate although they do seem better on hydrophobic glass but you need a decent flow.
As for brushes I would say it's a bit of a personal thing but guessing which brush is a bit of guess work. I quite like Gardiners 'SUPREME 23CM BRUSH - DUPONT TAPERTEC HYBRID' (great for gutters, soffit as well as windows) but I also like the SILL BRUSH - FLOCKED (the older version with blue bristles on the edges) as the edge bristles are quite still and scrub well.

I find fan jets don't rinse away the little specs quite so well unless you have a higher flow rate although they do seem better on hydrophobic glass but you need a decent flow.
As for brushes I would say it's a bit of a personal thing but guessing which brush is a bit of guess work. I quite like Gardiners 'SUPREME 23CM BRUSH - DUPONT TAPERTEC HYBRID' (great for gutters, soffit as well as windows) but I also like the SILL BRUSH - FLOCKED (the older version with blue bristles on the edges) as the edge bristles are quite still and scrub well.
Yes that’s what I’m finding, it’s taking a long time to rinse with the fan jets. I will get the pencil jets with my next brush. Thanks for the suggestions.

Xtreme flocked sill brush paired with 2mm pencil jets.
On all 3 of my poles. Tried many others over the years, now don’t use anything else ???‍?

Latest Posts

Back