Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Epoxy Glue for Pole Repair?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ched999uk

I 'repaired' a few pole sections a few months ago with ScrewFix No Nonsense Epoxy Glue. I'm not 100% sure if I cleaned the poles well enough before I applied the glue.
Anyway after a couple of months it has started peeling away! I'm not sure if it was that the surface wasn't clean enough or that the epoxy isn't waterproof.

So can anyone recommend a decent epoxy glue that is waterproof?

Cheers.

Last time my clamp came off I needed an emergency fix. Uses super glue, as that was all I had. Ordered some epoxy but never used it as the clamp never came off
Cheers.
Good tip.
Unfortunately a few of my pole sections have worn so they spin. Gardiners did a video of him building up the work sections with Epoxy and then sanding it back. I did it a couple of months ago and it worked great. It's just now the epoxy has started to peel off. I'm not sure if it was my poor preparation or that the epoxy wasn't waterproof.

Cheers.
Good tip.
Unfortunately a few of my pole sections have worn so they spin. Gardiners did a video of him building up the work sections with Epoxy and then sanding it back. I did it a couple of months ago and it worked great. It's just now the epoxy has started to peel off. I'm not sure if it was my poor preparation or that the epoxy wasn't waterproof.
I did my son's top section of his SLX25 as he is too lazy to adjust the clamps when it starts to slip. I followed Alex's video. It's been fine since. Not the most aesthetically pleasing to look at, but does the job.

I 'repaired' a few pole sections a few months ago with ScrewFix No Nonsense Epoxy Glue. I'm not 100% sure if I cleaned the poles well enough before I applied the glue.
Anyway after a couple of months it has started peeling away! I'm not sure if it was that the surface wasn't clean enough or that the epoxy isn't waterproof.

Cheers.
As far as I know all epoxy resins and glues are waterproof, not saying you didn't prep it enough though ?

I did my son's top section of his SLX25 as he is too lazy to adjust the clamps when it starts to slip. I followed Alex's video. It's been fine since. Not the most aesthetically pleasing to look at, but does the job.
Cheers.

I'm thinking that I may not have cleaned the pole enough before I applied the original Epoxy. It sanded down fine and didn't look too bad, maybe a bit translucent yellow but OK. I too followed @Alex Gardiner vid but I sanded with wet and dry before I took the masking tape off. Then once it was all nice and flat I removed the masking tape and blended the edge.
Maybe I will just give the no nonsense epoxy another go this weekend and clean the pole with isopropyl alcohol before the epoxy.
Cheers.

For building up a pole I recommend primer and laqur.

Super fast to do and works well. Can be reapply as needed.

I also tape up the top of pole with a slight bit of tape as I find that's the only place it's spins.

If collapsed length is not an issue you and use some spacers so that it doesn't spin

Cheers.
I use Gorilla epoxy glue. It's painful to remove the remaining bits from the carbon sections, but this happens only, if you don't sand well the plastic clamp inside. If you do, it holds ages.

Give it a good clean with the iso get a clean cloth and go over it again, do you use dry ptfe on it?

I watched a vid from DA Components where he replaced clamps etc. He also used electrical tape on the worn sections.
Same as @Mattlekim suggested above.
I will see how it goes this week and do a proper repair next weekend.

Latest Posts

Back