Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best hose reel for hot water, grippa hydro shield?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi guys, build completely new setup in a new van and wondered what the best hose was for hot water, i have searched but come up drawing a blank really, was looking at the grippa hydro red, anyone used it? 

I use Streamline 6mm hi-vis with water heated to 65c in the tank. I highly recommend it.
im sure i got that for the other van and after 8 months it kinked more than alan carr...might be wrong but im sure thats what i got

Oh! I can't answer for that. I can't fault it having used it for a few years and I'm very fussy. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, build completely new setup in a new van and wondered what the best hose was for hot water, i have searched but come up drawing a blank really, was looking at the grippa hydro red, anyone used it? 
Yes we have had it in the past it is very good hose but it’s heavy , we use normal yellow microbore from @doug atkinson it works well and lasts 2-3 years but we do give it some serious abuse , it works ok Evan with water so hot you cannot bare it on your hands , so we just use that now on all our reels . I think you will find all the better makes of microbore new are suitable for water up to 60-70 degrees.

im sure i got that for the other van and after 8 months it kinked more than alan carr...might be wrong but im sure thats what i got
I think most that have problems with the hose kinking it’s user error rather than faulty hose , we have never had any hose kink and we have tried most over the years , some is rubbish, and cheap quality but all the decent hoses are fine . 

I think most that have problems with the hose kinking it’s user error rather than faulty hose , we have never had any hose kink and we have tried most over the years , some is rubbish, and cheap quality but all the decent hoses are fine . 
You're right@Pjj

Every twist in the hose is put in it by us the user. In my case, when I pick up the hose and the pole I rotate right as I leave the van. This puts a twist in the hose. To cancel this out I loosen my grip on the pole and counter rotate it with a flick of my thumb as I walk away. Then as I return to the van I look back and check for twists and cancel any out in the same way. My natural tendancy is to mostly rotate to the right as I work. Each turn will put a twist in the hose but by keeping a weather eye on it it's very easy to cancel it out as above. Too many twists and a kink is inevitable.

I'd probably agree with you if it wasn't me and I'm perfect ??? but it worked brilliant for 7 months, never an issue then bang started kinking in one place, then another, then another. 

I suspect that the internal core has degraded or the braiding has stretched and caused weak spots. 

P. S how very dare you Insinuate I'm a user of errors ??

I'd probably agree with you if it wasn't me and I'm perfect ??? but it worked brilliant for 7 months, never an issue then bang started kinking in one place, then another, then another. 

I suspect that the internal core has degraded or the braiding has stretched and caused weak spots. 

P. S how very dare you Insinuate I'm a user of errors ??
That’s what I said there is some rubbish hose out there that degrades quickly especially if using hot water with it 

Back