Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best ladder position

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Now you can see why I only use a microlite standoff & ankalad stabilisers now on my ladders as I don't want anymore man pants moments. :rolleyes:

They know what the risks are in doing craddle work as that sort of thing happens quite a lot.

I've not used one myself but personally I think because it's compact by design it would be very limited to what I could use it for as the ladder doesn't seem to standoff very much with it on. Still looks a handy bit of kit though to keep in the van for the odd job I might need if for.

Is this compact any good smurfy?Is by ladderfix who make microlite

http://www.ladderstore.com/ladder-accessories/ladder-stays-stand-offs/compact-ladder-stand-off.html

I saw a compact on here but not sure if its the same one

I use 'Ramsey Points'. A 'point' extension ladder for upstairs windows, and an 8' single section 'point' for high ground floor windows.

I can rest the top of the ladders anywhere i like.

I often rest on the frame itself, near the top, if it's a wide window, or on the brick side reveal if a normal width window where i can reach across all the way.

Much safer than using normal straight ladders because you would have to rest the ladders at sill height (too close to the glass) or all the way above the frame. (Arkward to reach the window.)

The compact ladder stay is good for other trades but not for window cleaners, as it actually blocks the glass.

However the full size 'Microlite' is great.

I used to use one with normal straight ladders.

You can rest it on the roof as well when required.

The rubber wheels go flat when resting on the wall and stop the ladder slipping sideways, while also having the benefit of letting you wheel the ladders up the wall. They are quite light in weight. But cost around £130.

Yep, me too. I couldn't be without the pointers now, so much more versatile.

I use 'Ramsey Points'. A 'point' extension ladder for upstairs windows, and an 8' single section 'point' for high ground floor windows.I can rest the top of the ladders anywhere i like.

I often rest on the frame itself, near the top, if it's a wide window, or on the brick side reveal if a normal width window where i can reach across all the way.

Much safer than using normal straight ladders because you would have to rest the ladders at sill height (too close to the glass) or all the way above the frame. (Arkward to reach the window.)

Those @cheapncheerful standoff's that cnc has bought also the same looking ankalad wheeled version are pants and down right dangerous to use as they have been know to collapse. The one I had started to give way and bent inwards so you never seem me get down from me ladder so quick. Was one of those man pants moments I can tell you. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Those exact standoffs are sold by Midland Ladders. I don't think they sell shoddy goods.

Back