Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much water are people using?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do you have problems rinsing at the top of frames, above the vents with fan jets? 
No. I don't have any negative issues at all, with any types of windows, frames, glass or doors. I think sometimes people can create problems where there aren't any and make the simple things in life complicated. I just get on with it.

No. I don't have any negative issues at all, with any types of windows, frames, glass or doors. I think sometimes people can create problems where there aren't any and make the simple things in life complicated. I just get on with it.
Might give them a try next time I order a new brush. No harm, no foul! 

I cant say from experience that pencils are a bad choice. They just never made sense to me. Why would I use a rectangular brush but only provide water through two localised pencil jets, when I need a good density of water right across the full width of the brush? Some used to rave about rinse-bars to achieve the full width of water. For me the fans do everything I want and they do it simply, without adding weight or complication. By all means experiment with different configurations and see what you prefer. They all work.
I changed back to fans after using the rinse bar for a while.

It is great for covering the glass with water but also uses a fair bit more water than the 100° fans.

I'm using more with the hot weather. Think my meter is set at 70 which must be 2 litres per minute which is great for rinsing with 4 (50%) jets. My new Xtreme gets delivered today with my first stiff brush so I'll let you know how I get on with it. ?

Back