Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best place to get a pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nicoroche86

Hiya folks think my pump has give up on me after a few whacks to many. Just few questions as never swapped one before. Are they difficult to fit? Which one am I best going for? Just a one man system? Budget really 100/120?

Also it there a place local to me I can go and buy one and get fitted there n then I’m located in east Lancashire so bury Blackburn Burnley bolton even Manchester could travel to

First thing to do is see if you can find the make and model of your existing pump. That way a direct replacement will be easy to fit.
Not sure where you can walk in a buy one maybe Window Cleaning Warehouse in Liverpool, that have ShurFlo, Flojet, Aquatec listed on their site. They install systems so might fit a pump for you.
Replacing a pump is fairly straight forward but you will need some tools, basically you close your tank outlet off or empty the tank to a level below your pump, undo the water connections, unbolt the pump and disconnect the 2 electrical wires (noting the colours). Then as they say installation is the reverse of removal.
Depending on the hose connections it could just be Shurflo connections which are just done with your fingers, Aquatec push fittings again fingers or hose barbs and jubilee connectors (screwdriver to undo then warm hose - hairdryer and pull off hose).
Electrical connections are just 2 wires, a 0v and a +12v from your controller. Just match them old for new before you remove old pump and you should be fine, disconnect the battery or at lease pump fuse before disconnecting.
Watch the pumps flow is orientated same way as old pump ( should be an arrow on plastic pump body).
Hope that helps?

First thing to do is see if you can find the make and model of your existing pump. That way a direct replacement will be easy to fit.
Not sure where you can walk in a buy one maybe Window Cleaning Warehouse in Liverpool, that have ShurFlo, Flojet, Aquatec listed on their site. They install systems so might fit a pump for you.
Replacing a pump is fairly straight forward but you will need some tools, basically you close your tank outlet off or empty the tank to a level below your pump, undo the water connections, unbolt the pump and disconnect the 2 electrical wires (noting the colours). Then as they say installation is the reverse of removal.
Depending on the hose connections it could just be Shurflo connections which are just done with your fingers, Aquatec push fittings again fingers or hose barbs and jubilee connectors (screwdriver to undo then warm hose - hairdryer and pull off hose).
Electrical connections are just 2 wires, a 0v and a +12v from your controller. Just match them old for new before you remove old pump and you should be fine, disconnect the battery or at lease pump fuse before disconnecting.
Watch the pumps flow is orientated same way as old pump ( should be an arrow on plastic pump body).
Hope that helps?
Thank you for the reply will the pump come with a holder also the connections into current pump doesn’t look straight forward other than that doesn’t look to complicated

Attachments

• 6384D51A-3BC4-45FC-B696-A8BC125AB023.jpeg
    6384D51A-3BC4-45FC-B696-A8BC125AB023.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 4
  • FC888FEA-57C0-4715-ABC6-6DCBBAB7E90E.jpeg
    FC888FEA-57C0-4715-ABC6-6DCBBAB7E90E.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank you for the reply will the pump come with a holder also the connections into current pump doesn’t look straight forward other than that doesn’t look to complicated
Pumps usually have a mounting bracket. The connections you have hold off are the pressure switch wires. These are not the wires you need to disconnect. There should be another pair of wires that connect to your speed controller.
It looks like a Shurflow pump well the pipe connectors do - black nut with hose barb.
Can you post a picy showing the whole pump front and back?

Pumps usually have a mounting bracket. The connections you have hold off are the pressure switch wires. These are not the wires you need to disconnect. There should be another pair of wires that connect to your speed controller.
It looks like a Shurflow pump well the pipe connectors do - black nut with hose barb.
Can you post a picy showing the whole pump front and back?
So basically just unscrew controller to pump connection get mount bracket off and put new one on and connect to controller

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 9
So basically just unscrew controller to pump connection get mount bracket off and put new one on and connect to controller
That about it. Where the hozeloc goes on you might want some ptfe tape to rap round the threads (the white tape you can see).
It does look like a Shurflo to me but i could be wrong.
The pump to controller cable looks like the red and braided one that goes over the top.

Just before you remove it, connect the two red pressure switch wires together, if the pump runs then it could be that the pressure switch has failed. You can buy a new pressure switch but they are close to £40 which is expensive when a completely new pump with pressure switch is £120. If the pump is old I would just get a new one.

EBay under £8 for pressure switch not over priced like window cleaning suppliers
Used to buy 2 for that price when maplins was about
He does a pack of 2 for a tenner

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the help found a Shurflo pump on every fr £90 from the cleaning group. Will update if have any issues swapping over all advice appreciated guys

Just looking at the photos, i wouldn't be surprised if the pressure switch is still connected and the fault is in there.

Just looking at the photos, i wouldn't be surprised if the pressure switch is still connected and the fault is in there.
I’ve not changed anything was running ok until start of winter then began to struggle needed to be sucked through and whacked a few times, whacked it to hard in end I think then sounded like summat had come loose opened it up but wasn’t much to look at really so put back together and was no suction and cut off wen lower settings. Got a new one coming now hopefully be end of the issues

Was underneath didn’t really know what was looking for though problem could be the magnets can’t seem to get them to sit right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back