Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best pole at the Moment and brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Guys i need to upgrade my Pole , I need a 35 footer I got a couple of big Houses next week 3 storey houses and a big Conservatory . What is the best .i have a Pheonix and a Gardiner , the Pheonix Well what can I say its useless . It spins bends like anything its horrible to use . I need a rigid pole i spoke to someone recently and he said dont look at anything apart from a ova8 . Does any one have any views on them please the guy I spoke to is a pro not like me so I took it on board . But just wondering who uses one and what they think.  Also I need a decent brush for conservatorys any thoughts on that as well . Thanks for your help 
I have recently purchased the ova8 (22ft). I love this pole and it is well made too. Speak to Ziggy @ Varitech (Streamline) and just ask him for advice on the pole, he's very helpful. 01626 830830

John

Gleam Clean

Tamar Valley 

Cornwall

Why though? Surely the brush movement would be the same on any pole? I would think with a Ova8 it was be a lot better in the long term. There is a certain amount of twisting action needed of the pole to control the swivel. This is putting more strain on the clamps of a pole if it’s round. 
Was thinking more about the feel in the hand when twisting the pole to operate the swivel and or the twist valve both of which I use. 
A round pole feels uniform as you twist it. An oval pole wouldn’t for obvious reasons. However, what feels odd/different at first is only because it’s not what we’ve been used to and in time we might prefer the ‘new’ feel. I don’t know. It wouldn’t stop me trialling one for a couple of weeks but as I’ve just bought myself another Xtreme that’s not likely to happen. I’d have been more interested if it was significantly lighter than the Xtreme, size for size.

I have recently purchased the ova8 (22ft). I love this pole and it is well made too. Speak to Ziggy @ Varitech (Streamline) and just ask him for advice on the pole, he's very helpful. 01626 830830

John

Gleam Clean

Tamar Valley 

Cornwall
Hi John I will something is making me go for the ova8 .looks a good pole . I be goinh for the 30 ft. Thanks for your help 

For me right now it's the Gardiner Xtreme 22 with the 35cm Xtreme Tapertec. I also have the DA Components mini bronze wool pad on there for the stubborn stuff.  Had the Gardiner scraper on my SLX but I'm preferring the Bronze Wool. I put on the Ultimate Flocked for first cleans.

I only use 18 or 22 normally and have stuck with Gardiner but the lads on the Facebook groups rave about the boss poles from blade right. The guy who runs it is a really nice bloke - excellent customer service and quick delivery.

Was thinking more about the feel in the hand when twisting the pole to operate the swivel and or the twist valve both of which I use. 
A round pole feels uniform as you twist it. An oval pole wouldn’t for obvious reasons. However, what feels odd/different at first is only because it’s not what we’ve been used to and in time we might prefer the ‘new’ feel. I don’t know. It wouldn’t stop me trialling one for a couple of weeks but as I’ve just bought myself another Xtreme that’s not likely to happen. I’d have been more interested if it was significantly lighter than the Xtreme, size for size.
No not at all. I use an ova 8 with a swivel and it works fine.

I currently have a Gardiner Extreme 18 Pole as my every day pole and an Ova8 30 for higher work. Over time I have also used a WCW Phantom Carbon Pole as well as Gardiner CLXs and SLXs. The best pole I have used is the Gardiner Extreme. But at 30+ foot you are talking big money. I do like my Ova8 but would I use it as an every day pole. Honestly, probably not. The shape is lovely, it feels really well made and the clamps are smart. But for me it just doesn't glide smoothly when extending/collapsing. And for me that causes extra fatigue. But for a pole for the odd higher windows it's great and is nice and stiff still at that height. I didn't rate the streamline brush at all though.

I did rate the Phantom pole and the clamps were great, but they didn't do a high mod 18 and I didnt fancy a normal round carbon pole for 30 ft work. So that's why I bought an extreme and Ova8. But tbh you can't go wrong with Gardiner's poles and the extreme is immense.

So in summary the Ova8 is good for 30ft work if it's fairly infrequent, but if you were to use it pretty regularly then I would look at an extreme if you've got the money, if not an SLX or Phantom. As for me they are both smoother in the extend and collapse action.

Back