Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best reverse osmosis membrane

WCF

Help Support WCF:

John Lennon

Hello everyone, I think I need to buy a new reverse osmosis membrane. Many of the websites say the Axeon HF5 4040 is one of the best. I would like to buy it but I would like to ask everyone, do you know the best cleaning supplier that sells it the cheapest? I was going to buy it from Cleaning Spot but I found a company in the US that sells it cheaper, even with delivery cheaper. Does anyone know a company that sells it any lower?

Hello everyone, I think I need to buy a new reverse osmosis membrane. Many of the websites say the Axeon HF5 4040 is one of the best. I would like to buy it but I would like to ask everyone, do you know the best cleaning supplier that sells it the cheapest? I was going to buy it from Cleaning Spot but I found a company in the US that sells it cheaper, even with delivery cheaper. Does anyone know a company that sells it any lower?

Visit Daqua and get the best but it all depends on your requirements & water pressure

Add 20% to the US price +£10 handling then UK delivery cost, I get lots of stuff from outside the uk this it roughly what the extra costs

If you buy it from the States and have a problem, you are on your own.

You need to buy it from a reputable, local supplier who knows what he is talking about and will back his sale.

We often advise windies to buy from Doug and Daqua. The windie then finds the product a little cheaper elsewhere, say Ebay, and buys it there. He then has a problem and finds out his supplier isn't interested and hasn't a clue. He then contacts Doug and then expects him to drop everything and sort his problem out. Why should he?

There was another supplier who offered Axeon 4040 HF5 membranes a while back. In the small print, you agreed to this supplier supplying you another equivalent membrane if the Axeon membrane wasn't available. The thing was that the membrane they would replace it with was cheaper and wasn't the equivalent spec. (This 'deal' is no longer on this supplier's website page. I did write about it at the time and did mention the supplier's name, so if you do a search, I'm sure you will find the thread.)

We heard of another supplier who charged for an HF5 Axeon membrane and supplied an HF4 'by mistake.' I wonder how many windies didn't notice the 'error.'

Our tap water is consistently between 120 and 145ppm. Our tap water pressure is between 50 and 55psi. My Axeon HF5 membrane will be 12 years old in September this year and is still producing pure at a 97% rejection rate. It was 98% when it was new. There is no other membrane on the market that will perform to these low pressure specs.

In all due honesty, you are wasting your time trying to save a few pounds when you could be better spending that time doing other things.
The thing is that maybe that supplier has old stock at an old price. The price of USA membranes has risen considerably since covid.

Hi just bought 3x Axeon hf4 2521 from Wrekin water in Shropshire. Only place I've bought them from to be honest for the last 10 years . Only make of membrane i've ever had as my RO is also Axeon .My water is 380/420 so they have a hard life .

I’ve heard that the Axeon HF5 4040 is a top choice for reverse osmosis membranes too. If you’ve already found a cheaper option in the US, it might be worth going with that to save on both the product and shipping costs.

I’ve heard that the Axeon HF5 4040 is a top choice for reverse osmosis membranes too. If you’ve already found a cheaper option in the US, it might be worth going with that to save on both the product and shipping costs.
By the way, I want to say that I found Axeon HF5 4040 as a top choice because I read this. Yeah, the Axeon HF5 4040 is a solid membrane, especially if you're dealing with low-pressure situations. But if you’ve found a cheaper alternative in the US that meets your needs, it could definitely be worth going with that. Just make sure to check the specs to ensure it performs similarly, especially in terms of rejection rates and output.

Back