Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best soap and water mix? Im intrigued.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

But all you do is disregard traditional methods and put WFP on a pedestal. 
That’s beacause wfp is far better , trad has its place but is a dying art I know many wfp cleaners who don’t  evan carry a squeegee let alone know how to use it . Would you want to drive a model t Ford today , or a modern reliable vehicle?. That’s like trad and wfp , there is nothing wrong with trad but it is a dying art , before the squeegee it was a chamois leather that’s not seen now , wfp is quicker ,does  a better job,can do jobs you cannot do trad, gives the customer a superior clean of glass and frames , much safer , and more profitable for us , Ime not slating trad cleaners I was trad for ten years and used to do 3-4 storey stuff of ladders  so know what Ime doing , but the advancement in technology cannot be ignored , am I right in thinking you have been going a few weeks ?.. so how do you think we are all wrong ?... 

I just don’t understand why you wfp guys have to chip in all the trad posts, when most of you have no idea about traditional window cleaning!? 

fairy liquid is for washing dishes! You got a problem with streaks!!? Use the proper tools!! It’s easy! Don’t cut corners 
I started as a trad cleaner but to be honest I learned more after I had converted to WFP than I knew before, I think it is good to have the traditional skills. I do agree that a decent window cleaning detergent is a better option than Fairy but I would bet that there are more guys out there using dishwashing liquid than there are using the "proper" stuff and you will never convince most of them. You pays yer money and you makes yer choice.

That’s beacause wfp is far better , trad has its place but is a dying art I know many wfp cleaners who don’t  evan carry a squeegee let alone know how to use it . Would you want to drive a model t Ford today , or a modern reliable vehicle?. That’s like trad and wfp , there is nothing wrong with trad but it is a dying art , before the squeegee it was a chamois leather that’s not seen now , wfp is quicker ,does  a better job,can do jobs you cannot do trad, gives the customer a superior clean of glass and frames , much safer , and more profitable for us , Ime not slating trad cleaners I was trad for ten years and used to do 3-4 storey stuff of ladders  so know what Ime doing , but the advancement in technology cannot be ignored , am I right in thinking you have been going a few weeks ?.. so how do you think we are all wrong ?... 
This is precisely what I am taking about! You guys are so ignorant!

blah blah blah wfp is the best! It’s a traditional post you moron! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Long enough to know fairy is for dishes not Windows 
Fairy will work ok I used it if I ran out of gg3 but if you put to much in it will streak but so will  all the proprietary  window cleaning soaps I have used most over the years they will all cause streaks if ti much is put in, I know trad guys that have used nothing but fairy for over 40 years  and the results they get are fine . 

Long enough to know fairy is for dishes not Windows 
I've been in this job 29 years, 26 trad and for indoor work and shop fronts   it's always Fairy for me and I've tried all these expensive fluids but you never get the slip you require and on warmer days like today they dry out too quick. All these cleaning methods have their own place and when you've been knocking round for a few years in this job like many on here, you may come to understand.

I just don’t understand why you wfp guys have to chip in all the trad posts, when most of you have no idea about traditional window cleaning!? 

fairy liquid is for washing dishes! You got a problem with streaks!!? Use the proper tools!! It’s easy! Don’t cut corners 
I don’t think they have pal, they are just trying to help through many years experience. I’ve been doing this since I left school over 20 years ago both trad and wfp for most of them as well. I use what ever method gets the job done in the most productive way whilst also thinking about quality and safety. As I said earlier I’ve tried all the gimmicky products but I just think thats all they are but I always end up back using good old green fairy. I’ve also tried using their more expensive premium range platinum stuff but again it’s no were near as good as the original green stuff. Maybe your thinking of supermarket own brand stuff as that is gash. It’s not about cheaping out, sometimes the most expensive isn’t the best and trust me I’ve wasted loads of cash on stupid stuff over the years only for it to end up in the bin. 

I haven’t been rude or abusive to you and would appreciate you treating me the same , The object of this forum is for us all to learn and help each other or at least I thought that’s the point of it ?? We all have something to offer but ones that have only been doing a job for a few weeks arnt going to have the experience of most on hear , si it pays to listen to there advice , I have over 20 years experience, but still have lots to learn . 

Most of us older  window cleaners have also got many years experience of trad cleaning under our belts as well as wfp so have a vast knowledge and are able to offer opinions on both ways to try and help new starters , 
I have 25 years trad experience and fairy will do the job perfectly. 

Can't teach me to suck eggs lol.

Some people just like to argue for the sake of it if you do it differently to them.

Water off a ducks back and ignore the wallys.

When I left school and started being a windie in 91 there was no "professional product" and fairy worked perfectly. 

Why would it not now?

But all you do is disregard traditional methods and put WFP on a pedestal. 
Wfp is better FACT.

I still trad a lot of bottoms as I enjoy it but wfp does a better job full stop.

(Drops mic and walks away)

Noobs?

I know guys like that who have never held a squeegee.

Think of all those shops and commercial insides they are missing out on.

Try walking edgware road in london doing shops all day wfp with parking etc when you can walk down the whole road at your leisure with a bucket, squeegee and a pole.

No need to be insulting.

Please read the forum rules before spouting off.

The thing is most of us have done our "apprenticeship " trad and then moved on to better things and earn more money per day.

Sour grapes?

Don't worry you will get there one day.

Or be in hospital when you fall off your ladder. 

Done that a few times and have the deformed fingers to show for it.

The thing is most of us have done our "apprenticeship " trad and then moved on to better things and earn more money per day.

Sour grapes?

Don't worry you will get there one day.

Or be in hospital when you fall off your ladder. 

Done that a few times and have the deformed fingers to show for it.
No sour grapes. 

I did my apprenticeship 20 years ago when i was 17.

I will never go WFP for these reasons: 

1. I love climbing ladders 
  2. My customers don't want WFP, they had it before and didn't like 
  3. Because of point 2 I will always make more than any WFP because my customers will pay extra for trad. 

To be fair all the poor quality WFP guys are making it easy to get work, My marketing campaign is based on only traditional methods and I get 4 calls a day from checkatrade with customers only wanting tradditional. 

When I can make more money on jobs than WFP then you cannot be cheap and use washing up liquid and I make sure my customers know this. 

I don't cut corners and use cheap product 

I like Unger's liquid, haven't come across anything better and that includes gg3. fwiw
Its all personal preference and everyone is different. 

Not slagging off unger liquid , i have tried it and didnt like it

Asda liquid does the job absolutely fine and is not as harsh on your hands as fairy.

This has nothing to do with money its just what works for me.

Its all personal preference and everyone is different. 

Not slagging off unger liquid , i have tried it and didnt like it

Asda liquid does the job absolutely fine and is not as harsh on your hands as fairy.

This has nothing to do with money its just what works for me.
I were trutouch gloves and even under my gripper gloves. ?

Back