Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best soap and water mix? Im intrigued.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t get why Trad only cleaners get so uptight? We have guys locally here that have only ever known trad and badmouthed WFP cleaners methods without having any knowledge at all about it. After hearing one lad I know talk **** about WFP I showed him my set up as he asked how I was getting my customers places absolutely spotless. He saw just how efficient and thorough the WFP was and has now invested in a £9000 system for one of his vans. He came to me a few weeks after using it and claimed the same old **** “trad is still a better clean”..... only to find out he was using his expensive system wrong! 

I clean both traditionally and WFP, they are both absolutely brilliant ways of cleaning glass! There are things trad can do that WFP can’t (insides, old wooden sash windows that leak, removing cement on construction cleans) but IMO WFP is like the modern day sportsman.... it’s superior! It’s much quicker, much safer, much more versatile, it gives a cleaner cut finish and as a bonus it keeps you fit because it can be one hell of a workout. 

Had a trad guy call me the other day as he was about to charge a family member of his £300 just to clean up his gutters. I went and did it for £100 because I have chosen to invest in the correct equipment to get the job done. He was about to rip his own family off for wasting his time with ladders and a damn rag. 

A long established local firm here invited me to go and look at how WFP works whilst I was only trad because I felt I was earning well having very little Overheads using just a ladder, bucket, dish soap and trad tools that pretty much anyone can get there hands on. I cleaned his window at his house trad as he asked to see my technique, after applauding how thorough, efficient and how clean the window and frames looked he proceeded to go over the very same ‘clean’ windows with the WFP. The black rubbers leaked a layer of dirt, the nooks you could never get your fingers in leaked dirt and the window and frames that appeared clean had just been completely cleaned. Once I saw that thing dry I was sold! I invested in my own system and haven’t looked back since. 

Yes, there is place for both trad cleaners and WFP cleaners. Whenever you hear somebody mock the WFP it’s best to just laugh at them as they are clearly either uneducated or bitter on the matter. I just refuse to listen to those who truly believe a £20-£30 Window Cleaning hand tool set and dish soap has better cleaning power than £6000-£9000 WFP cleaning set up. It baffles me as much as listening to full grown men run each other down when they are in the same profession. 

Now don’t for a second think I am mocking trad only cleaners as we pretty much all started trad and it will always have its place. Rather than take this is a bullshit comparison, take it as a fact that Window Cleaning (like everything) evolves! 
I agree with most of what you said apart from saying you need to spend 6 to 9 grand,  my wfp set up cost me under a grand and works the same as a 9 grand set up. ( the grand didn't include poles) 

Can wipe frames down when tradding too.
I did a first clean today which previously had a trad cleaner the frames looked nice and clean but the dirt that came from behind the openers and between the lower part of the frame and the sill was unreal it still took me quite a bit of extra time to get the frames up to standard 

Right! Trying to get this thread vaguely back on track but retain a bit of spice. ?

I have a theory that dishwashing soap contributes to rubbers bleeding on uPVC windows....discuss.

@fast_muchly how did all your moralising about not working, work out for you?

The rest of us safely gained dozens+ of customers, along with servicing our BAU customers who all have sincerely thanked us for safely continuing to call....gaining 'life long' loyalty and immunity against 'low quoting fly by nights'.

Think you're the last person I would ask for a judgement call - just negativity and bile - ipso facto

Luddites - look it up...learn and grow...✌️ Peace - we' outta here

Last edited by a moderator:
What those top frames that you cant even clean proper because you cant see the top windows sills that your cleaning pmsl , Im sorry but what a load of **** , the frames are cleaned on my watch and just as good as any WFP cleaner .
That’s impossible pal. That’s exactly what I thought until I converted most of my round over. I don’t see what your problem is? Were are all in this game for one reason only and that’s the money. Not so you can brag or put people down over what method they decide to use or think is best.Yes both have their pros and cons but I’d say it’s 90/10% split in wfp’s favour.  Trust me you are seriously missing out on a trick here pal. You also don’t need to spend as much to get up and running as some may think either. 

No, bleeding from seals perishing
Agree - same as milky white run off from the upvc - once you cleaned it a few times - or really go for it on the initial clean it's reduces to next to nothing on next cleans - hence its years of accumulation that your 'cleaning' away imho

I know this is an old thread. First time i've come across the water going all milky when i cleaned some lower windows, the water on the floor was like a watered down emulsion paint, the frames are upvc, I'm assuming this is from them not being cleaned in a long time. Was a big 5 bed detached house was on the job almost 1hr30mins, i did charge £30 but thinking about it i should have charged more like £45 for the first clean.

Hoping when i go back it doesn't happen again.

I know this is an old thread. First time i've come across the water going all milky when i cleaned some lower windows, the water on the floor was like a watered down emulsion paint, the frames are upvc, I'm assuming this is from them not being cleaned in a long time. Was a big 5 bed detached house was on the job almost 1hr30mins, i did charge £30 but thinking about it i should have charged more like £45 for the first clean.

Hoping when i go back it doesn't happen again.
It might but shouldn't be anywhere near as bad. Just give them an extra rinse and they should be ok.

Back