Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best van to buy for new starter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

One of the local window cleaners started with a Pure Freedom trolley, an open trailer that carries 15 x 20 litre drums of pure water and now the family Mondeo he puts his pole and cleaning stuff in. 

He has run that same trailer for more than 10 years although the Mondeo is now only used for work.

Originally he began working out of the back of a Citroen Picasso.

I agree with the comment made by @Iron Giant. Some people aren't cut out to be self employed. 

I certainly wouldn't spend big on a system until I got a round established. It requires a lot of hard graft to achieve this. It will be even harder doing it over weekends when you are tired from working a normal 9 to 5 job.

Self employment has it's perks but also has it's downside. No sick pay or holiday pay are two and if the weather is really bad like it was 10 years ago, we had very little income coming in for 6 weeks.

We do have a little more security in that we work an established round of customers with repeat work,  unlike say roofers who have to continually advertise for work.

I wish you all the best in moving in our industry.
True I've probably been watching to much YouTube vids on window cleaning and what set ups they have. 

They guy that used to do my windows has a backpack on a trolly and some 25lts drums in the back of his van and has done it this way for years.. 

I will probably do it this way until I start until business picks up. 

I was just wondering what method you were doing whilst waiting for your van set up. You say you have been doing your home and friends. Have you got access to pure at the moment. Didn’t know if you are doing something totally random like tap water and then blading it off until you get going. 
I've got a couple of 25ltr drums and top them up at spotless water. I'm lucky as it's just a 5 minute drive from me. I've got an estate car so that helps aswell. 

Naa I'm going to meet him and fill my backpack up with beer then I can keep topping him up all night.. 20lts should do it ?
Take some steps with you otherwise you will be forever looking up he is over 7ft tall.

Going off what @Den has said that would be @Part Timer just warming up like a starter before the main 

Hi all, 

I'm starting up my own window cleaning business and I'm buying an X-Tank 500ltr Water Fed Pole System from Xline systems. So what would be a van you would recommend please..

I will be doing gutter cleaning aswell but might sound cheeky I will sub out any jobs I get for pressure washing for now. 

I have a driveway and garage to fill up the tank. 

I've got about 5k to start so will have to borrow or finance the van. 

Thanks for your help. 
for me it was a 2005 plate Ford transit connect with a 210L tank self made van mount system with also a trolley system 

Back