Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best waterproof winter boots/shoes?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Blundstone 550 boots... About £100, they last me around 3 years, with wearing trainers in the summer, which usually only last 3-4 months, even if I buy top quality ones...

The original Muck boot is the answer. They are like small wellies but much much better, more comfortable, totally waterproof and warm. Cost about £45 quid. You wont be disappointed.

Get yourself a pair of Scarpa's.

All leather hiking boots with a Vibram rubber sole that's so non-slip, rock-climbers entrust their lives to it.

Their rock-climbing shoes go for upwards of $1000 a pair, but the hiking boots I wear are only ~$280AUD so maybe ~£120 I guess that'd be.

Completely waterproof, Italian designed and the most comfortable boots you'll ever slip on your feet.

I won't wear any other shoes now, and am on my third pair.

I got some scarpa boots about 5 years back . Paid about £120 from go outdoors . Within 2 months of wearing em for work every day they were in the bin .my feet were like a sponge . No good for wet grass every day . Them muck boots look waterproof but I couldn't bring myself to wear em a bit embarrassing .

Then buying work boot, GORE-TEX waterproof and breathable is the only way to go from north face, feet never get wet and never have to dry them out, the rubber on the sole will will go first, expect to pay around €200 I change yearly

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

1077c6dd3acc06f91773a376366b8ae9.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

You can spend £30-150 on boots but if you don't clean them and apply protection to the outer layer on a regular basis then you have wasted your money no matter how much you have spent .

As for shorts I have worn mine since last summer due to the mild winter , Their is method in the madness more so working in damp or wet weather as with trousers the get wet and it travels up the trouser legs and they stay damp all day .

Back