Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AnMadraRua

Hi people,

Anybody have any experience using a Gardiner backpack? I've got a few customers with access problems and I was considering getting one of these systems, any thoughts.

big boy or gardiners really handy got both you canny go wrong, the fittings are the same, only problem I found on /off switch can get faulty but you can replace them easily

Wcw orange one I've had for over 2 years. Can't fault it. Got a big boy to as a spare but rarely use it as wcw touchwood keeps going & going. It's got a Handel as well unlike the big boy whose Handel is on the lid & comes loose. Not used a gardeners so can't comment.

I have the grdiners v2 edition, only use it now and then, they have a third edition that looks more like a proper wfp backpack, mine looks like a crop sprayer, which I think looks naff, but does the job.

I have the grdiners v2 edition, only use it now and then, they have a third edition that looks more like a proper wfp backpack, mine looks like a crop sprayer, which I think looks naff, but does the job.
But that's what they are...... crop/weedkiller sprayers /emoticons/smile.png.

They all come from China by the pallet load nice and cheapy cheap :thumbsup:.....

and are re-sold over here with MASSIVE mark-ups :thumbsdown:.

there r cheeper bk pks in home base £60 last time i looked 18l ones comes with charger the lot u just have to put a wfp conecter on the pipe

I bought one for exactly the same reason a few months ago. So far so good, taken it out and used it at least a dozen times and it's still showing a full charge. With a pole i think it cost around £220 ish. Fortunately I have someone supplying me with barrels of pure water. For those awkward windows it's a life saver and also for the ground when there are thorny shubs/roses in front of the windows.

sorry to bump this thread,

i've got a question about backpacks: can you put a tap on the end of its pipe, and will the pump auto shut-off, or do you have to turn it on/off as you move?

You put a tap on your hose & yes when you turn the tap off the pump goes off or slows down. The tap speeds up or slows down your flow so will turn down the pump. I did used to put a hozlelock connection on the hose of my backpack & that also slowed down the flow & slows the pump right down. Not sure if it turns it right off tho. Very much doubt it.

I use an aquatap on my slx pole when using gardiner backpack, when the aquatap is twisted to off it stops the flow, not sure if it totally shuts of the motor on backpack, but does stop flow of water.

May have to do a bit more research. Thanks guys.
For what it's worth I use 2 x Gardiner v2 backpacks on a daily basis and not had any problems yet (touch wood) been roughly 8 months since I got em.

They serve a purpose but IMHO you're much better off making a little pump box yourself (tutorials on here in DIY section).

Then you can just pop your feed hose into one of your water containers instead of having to pour it into your back pack.

Unless you're actually gonna use it on your back of course!

They serve a purpose but IMHO you're much better off making a little pump box yourself (tutorials on here in DIY section).
Then you can just pop your feed hose into one of your water containers instead of having to pour it into your back pack.

Unless you're actually gonna use it on your back of course!
Was using my backpack today and having to fill it up a few times, now the penny has dropped what a pump box is all about, I usually use my trolley system, but now understand the carry on with a backpack, take the top off then put it back on, they are fine though. One day I may try and make a pump box.

gardiners backpack spare parts all come with connections on wireing, just disconect and connect up again , job done.

no cutting wires and fitting connectors, you dont get these with the wcw one, well i didnt, they just send you the spare part , you have to add all wire connections , cutting wires to join up again.

Mines still going strong on its first charge. I am stunned how long the battery is holding it's charge. Garage is getting a bit cold so now it lives in the kitchen at night.

Back