Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bowser

WCF

Help Support WCF:

beerok

Morning all,

Wondered if any of you guys tow a bowser with a system fitted to it?
Thinking of going 1000ltr as that’s how much I use a day. Pulled it with a double cab pickup with a small set up for smaller / short jobs when needed.

Thoughts?

A 16-17ft long truck plus 10ft long bowser on a trailer that's 27ft long best of luck getting that parked most places

Are you working with others @beerok or on your own? I would try to cut down on your water usage by reducing waste if working on your own.

There is no reason why you can't tow a bowser with the right vehicle. There could be tachograph considerations, but this is very much a grey area. I think it also depends on the distance from base you tow it. But I would certainly look into it.

We have a local lad who tows a doubled wheel trailer with a new shaped Range Rover. He has a 1000 litre IBC tank on his trailer. I'm sure if he had been pulled by the police, he wouldn't still have the same setup which he has had for possibly the past 10 to 12 years. (Before the Range Rover, he pulled his trailer with an American Muscle pickup - I think it was a Dodge Ram, but could be mistaken.)

Many years ago, I pulled a small trailer with my Suzuki Carry van. We live in a hilly place and our round had quite a number of cul de sacs with cars parked each side. Reversing was a nightmare, as we could never unhitch the trailer to turn it, or it would have headed off down the road.

Security is also a problem, even parked on a driveway.

I wouldn't go back to a trailer again.

Thanks for your thoughts. It’s an idea I keep bouncing around. Not sure if I need to scratch the itch.

Back