Brodex Portapower

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Daniel Mc, May 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Daniel Mc

Daniel Mc Member

Hi all,

Been trad for 17 years, decided to take the plunge and go wfp. I purchased a used Brodex Portapower to produce my pure water as I'm not on a water meter and it gives me the flexibility to take to site for big jobs where I can plug it in and work all day. Problem is I can't get the thing to produce pure water! It came with a brand new Axeon HF5-4040 membrane, which I installed. I had 000 on my tds for all of 100 litres and then the numbers started shooting up! The water coming out of my membrane is 270ppm down from 370ppm from the tap, but nowhere near what it should be. Brodex unfortunately I have found to be the worst company for customer service that I have ever come across. Axeon say that they have never had a membrane failure. There is a 150psi rated pump Shurflo SUK-0402 attached to boost my low home water pressure but not sure how to tell if it's actually working. Anyone any ideas? Does someone have a portapower that could have a look at mine? Thanks in advance-happy window cleaning, be safe.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#2 Smurf, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Hi & welcome Daniel Mc

Did you backflush the new ro with the di tank disconected?

A new membrane needs flushing properly to get rid of residue manufacturing chems on it.
    All what has happened I'm thinking is where you have run the ro without backflushing it for at least an hour so the tds drops down low and not disconnected the di tank it's probably killed off the resin hence why the tds output is increasing.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I take it when you said it was a new membrane was actualy still in its plastic wrapper and boxed?

Also why did you need to change the ro membrane?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Are you also awhere of TDS creep ?

Here is a vid though it's not a 4040 system tds creep is the same no matter what ro you use

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#6 spruce, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    What's the pure to waste water ratio?

I also don't know what the maximum pressure you can use for those membranes is either. Most booster pumps push it up to between 80 and 100psi.

Edited:

Thanks for specs Smurf . It will take 400 psi so that's ok.

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I saw that. The first thing I noticed was that it doesn't appear to have a good output volume of water in liters. The graph shows 5. At a lower water pressure of 50 psi with an HF5 membrane, my r/o produces 2 litres of pure to 2 litres of waste. My r/o has the potential of producing water much faster than that with a higher input water pressure.

This whole trolley idea doesn't make sense to me. Its supposed to be portable, but where are you going to find 230v power, a water source and a drain together?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

He bought it used.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yes I know spruce but said it came with a brand new membrane which he installed. ;)

Advertisement