Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bungalow roof cleaning pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paddyo1966

Hi, how do you price up a bungalow roof cleaning job. As the roofs cover a different size area, as most are like pyramids. Do you just measure footprint on the house and charge per Sq meter. Or try and work out how many meters the roof covers and charge that. As I know there’s more roof than footprint, just not sure best way to price as I’ve got two bungalows and the footprint is over 200sq meters and the roof looks more than that. Any advice would be very grateful thanks

Google surface area of pyramid. That should give you a calc that requires the foot print dimensions and a height. You should be able to have a rough guess at the height.
Remember that if you have the right equipment you might be able to do it from the ground so quicker and no scaffold tower to hire.

Ps here is pic of the property. I’ve since measured on google view and it measured nearly 26 sqm think with the pitches of all those roof it’s more likely 35 plus. So I two minds to what area to charge. Looking at it, it looks a good two maybe 3 days scrape and biocide wash. What do you think, not done clean this large with all the extensions.

Attachments

• 7F1E5CCC-3C60-41B3-8CC4-1F9CCB6D9664.jpeg
    7F1E5CCC-3C60-41B3-8CC4-1F9CCB6D9664.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
I'm no expert on roofs or many things for that matter :) but that looks a lot more then 35sqm to me. Our bungalow is approximately 11mx10m with a pyramid / double hip roof and I think the area is more like 240sqm! That one in your picy looks a lot bigger with some very tricky to reach bits.
If you just look at the rough dimensions of each side say front is 10m long so 10m x10m = 100 sqm and if you take a very rough 60% (2/3) of that you get 60sqm. Do that for each side and you will have a very rough idea of sqm.

We don’t charge by the sm I look at the job and think that will take xx amount of time and need xx amount of hypo so I want xxx amount of money for the job this will increase as the difficulty of the job increases, and or hire access equipment costs added as well i know several that start from £700 upwards for a very small roof but medium to large £1200-1600 +

I'm no expert on roofs or many things for that matter :) but that looks a lot more then 35sqm to me. Our bungalow is approximately 11mx10m with a pyramid / double hip roof and I think the area is more like 240sqm! That one in your picy looks a lot bigger with some very tricky to reach bits.
If you just look at the rough dimensions of each side say front is 10m long so 10m x10m = 100 sqm and if you take a very rough 60% (2/3) of that you get 60sqm. Do that for each side and you will have a very rough idea of sqm.
Sorry I meant to say 260sq meter’s which you was about right on. But with the pitch’s of roof it a lot more than that.

We don’t charge by the sm I look at the job and think that will take xx amount of time and need xx amount of hypo so I want xxx amount of money for the job this will increase as the difficulty of the job increases, and or hire access equipment costs added as well i know several that start from £700 upwards for a very small roof but medium to large £1200-1600 +
Thanks won’t be using SH but will biocide the whole roof GK Pro

Yeah I’m in that ball park. It’s just I know the customer and just wondering how they’re gonna react to a high price or was thinking of knocking 20% off as mates rates. Or should that not come into business
Maybe treat it as a learning experience and do a mates rates but tell them it's mates rates. I do think it's a fair bit more than 260sqm it looks about double our roof!
You also need to manage expectations with biocide, yes the scrape will give instant moss removal but there will still be moss residue left for the biocide to kill over the coming months.
I've no idea how used you are to doing roofs but that looks quite a nasty one in parts for your shoulders and back. I would be inclined to do it towards the end of the week so you have the weekend to recover. I did half my roof and I think it took me about 8hrs over 2 days. That was a bungalow from a little diy scaffold tower. I did mine back in Feb as we where having solar panels fitted, I still haven't got round to doing the other 2 sides!!! ?

Yeah I’m in that ball park. It’s just I know the customer and just wondering how they’re gonna react to a high price or was thinking of knocking 20% off as mates rates. Or should that not come into business
All that matters is will you be earning well out of it? 260sqm at average of £10/sqm minus £500 = 2 grand ( I know they're not exact numbers but near enough).
If you want to price by the sqm that's fine but there are a lot of variables when it comes to doing roofs. But it needn't be complicated just work out all your costs, how long it will take and come up with a sensible, realistic price that earns you money and the customer might be willing to pay.
If they're not and you think it's a fair price then forget about it and move on

Maybe treat it as a learning experience and do a mates rates but tell them it's mates rates. I do think it's a fair bit more than 260sqm it looks about double our roof!
You also need to manage expectations with biocide, yes the scrape will give instant moss removal but there will still be moss residue left for the biocide to kill over the coming months.
I've no idea how used you are to doing roofs but that looks quite a nasty one in parts for your shoulders and back. I would be inclined to do it towards the end of the week so you have the weekend to recover. I did half my roof and I think it took me about 8hrs over 2 days. That was a bungalow from a little diy scaffold tower. I did mine back in Feb as we were having solar panels fitted, I still haven't got round to doing the other 2 sides!!! ?
Lol I think it’s near about 3 days work and the moss ain’t to bad think the bio will do a lot of the work over the coming months.

Latest Posts

Back