Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Busted Vessel head

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Hi Gents,

I was given a second hand Resin vessel by a friend and have been using it as part of a two vessel system. Recently I have noticed the vessel is not producing 0ppm even straight after replacing the resin.

Does anyone know how easy it is to repair (see picture) What looks like the rubber that has failed.

On a separate note. If any of you are on DI and only using one vessel I would highly recommend using two as the saving in resin is massive! As much a half or more!

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9033.jpeg
    IMG_9033.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Hi Gents,

I was given a second hand Resin vessel by a friend and have been using it as part of a two vessel system. Recently I have noticed the vessel is not producing 0ppm even straight after replacing the resin.

Does anyone know how easy it is to repair (see picture) What looks like the rubber that has failed.

On a separate note. If any of you are on DI and only using one vessel I would highly recommend using two as the saving in resin is massive! As much a half or more!

Many thanks
Find out what make it is first, then search for replacement riser pick up tubes or associated components, could be a spectrum or a host of brands. Have you looked to see if there is a piece of pipe snapped inside that's threaded or is it help in with epoxy

Things like these are the jobs you need to get your head round. Knackered kit won't make you money

Find out what make it is first, then search for replacement riser pick up tubes or associated components, could be a spectrum or a host of brands. Have you looked to see if there is a piece of pipe snapped inside that's threaded or is it help in with epoxy

Things like these are the jobs you need to get your head round. Knackered kit won't make you money
That’s why I asked🤣🤣

Same thing happened to me last year, I had no idea what size of o-ring it was so just bought a new riser and head from sureclean.
I think the majority of di vessels are standard sizes but you could check the height of the vessel against dimension online.
After I got the new one I tried to take the grey cone off the head on the old one. I'm assuming there is a technique or tool needed as I couldn't get it off. So if it happens again with me I would just get a new riser set again.

Same thing happened to me last year, I had no idea what size of o-ring it was so just bought a new riser and head from sureclean.
I think the majority of di vessels are standard sizes but you could check the height of the vessel against dimension online.
After I got the new one I tried to take the grey cone off the head on the old one. I'm assuming there is a technique or tool needed as I couldn't get it off. So if it happens again with me I would just get a new riser set again.
Yeah the grey cone takes some budging, but it does unclip once you get the knack.

Just the O-ring to be replaced at a cost of £2.09

Here's the one I got from Ebay: 3mm Cross Section O-Rings NBR Nitrile Rubber 3mm -50mm ID Oil Resistant Seals

26mm ID x 3mm CS

Back